have you decorated your door or cabin?

luckyinpa

i've read a bit about this in the newbie section but i wondered how many of you actually do decorate

personally have little faith that my external door decorations would survive the barrage of people passing by even if i was so inclined.

Just got off the Breakaway and noticed a couple of doors decorated on our deck. Two or three were decorated with Birthday decorations - I didn't notice them missing the whole week. One was decorated with a cruise critic username telling others that a cruise critic member was on board. That one stayed there all week too.

I've seen a few on NCL ships - mostly recently we saw some Newlywed/Honeymoon stuff up on the Escape in Jan. I've seen some birthday decorations, one or two cruise critic magnets. But normally they are on eht small side. Usually, they do make it through the cruise.

My fiancés family decorated my door for my birthday last year on the getaway, didn't have any issues with it. I'd suggest not using cheap tape and use scotch brand as the cheap tape leaves adhesive behind which is a nightmare to clean up. I've read on here in years past that they frown on taping things to the door but no one said anything to us.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Last year on Getaway I actually called to ask since I was reading they were not allowed. I wast told anything magnetic is allowed and NO Tape. I had a large magnet made on Vistaprint for my other half's 40th birthday and fellow CC roll call friends put birthday cards up with magnets on our door. It was a whole lot of fun.

i saw a few doors done on the Getaway in Dec... themed for a sports team - football i think?

was thinking about doing a little something for the in-laws on our upcoming trip because they're never cruised before and i figured the kids would think it's cool.

On the Nov 11 and 14 cruises last year on the Escape there wer a bunch of doors decorated. Some had little white boards so people could leave messages some (cough cough) just had little Seattle Seahawks banners. :)

No problem with any of them.

We and many other cc friends have extensively decorated our doors. We've also had door decorating contests that the CD provided a prize for. Our door usually had many parts including flashing lights. None of it was ever stolen. We use plasty tac to attach the decorations. Easy to remove and does not leave any residue.

i've read a bit about this in the newbie section but i wondered how many of you actually do decorate

personally have little faith that my external door decorations would survive the barrage of people passing by even if i was so inclined.

We order a magnetic sign from VistaPrint.com and personalize it. Have done that for several cruises on NCL.

We have decorated for hubby's 50th birthday, Valentine's Day, and parrot head/beachy décor. It was fun and made it easy to find your cabin. We've never had our stuff disappear. That being said, we sail in 2-1/2 week and I don't have any door décor planned for this cruise.

I usually decorate with tropical/fish magnets.

I also usually have post-it notes and a pen on the door.

The pens have disappeared a few times. :(

Unknown passengers have left notes, which was entertaining most times. :D

I never decorated, no extra room in my suitcase!

On our Jewel cruise we saw a door that was heavily decorated with lots of glitz and metallic confetti (lots) strewn in front of the door. One more thing for the crew to clean up and that's not fair.

The doors can be fun and it never occurred to me to "help myself"

Edited by kcwingwalker

Our first NCL cruise is coming up... but we have decorated our cabin on several Princess and Celebrity cruises. These were Christmas cruises. We brought 3M Strips to hang Christmas lights and garland! The room steward loved it and always turned them on when cleaning the room. Although, I do recall one cruise (not sure which) had a fire safety person investigate and approve what we did. The nice thing was the ambiance in our room. We bought lights that had different settings... so it could be a soft changing on and off change in colors (for the romantic moments) or bright and crazy for New Year's! ;)

At the end of the cruise we always pulled them down and there was never any damage.

Edited by Love.II.Cruise

I love making a door decoration! Here's one I made for our last cruise, and one I made for some friends we made on CC! I'm still trying to decide what I'll do this year! I've also done Star Trek, and Lord of the Rings. I'm thinking maybe a kids movie...like Zootopia, but if anyone has an idea, I'm open to hearing some!!

1462277323_BigBangDoorDec.jpg.32ef334b664302151120c0020c1b405d.jpg

1984452993_GOTDoorDec.jpg.c4599b57e339d2e5fe875019c3fed1f8.jpg

Edited by Lovemygreekgeek

Wow! What an amazing idea - so simple yet so much fun - I'm sure it brings a smile to all the room stewards. Does NCL have any kind of policy about this ? Sure as long as you dont do any damage to the door what's the harm. Cruising is about fun and NCL's mantra is 'Free to do what you want...' Do you think it would be ok to decorate a door in football colours ?

Wow! What an amazing idea - so simple yet so much fun - I'm sure it brings a smile to all the room stewards. Does NCL have any kind of policy about this ? Sure as long as you dont do any damage to the door what's the harm. Cruising is about fun and NCL's mantra is 'Free to do what you want...' Do you think it would be ok to decorate a door in football colours ?

just don't use tape!

This was my door on another line. They are really cute fruit fish

P1130368.jpg

Here is the C.C. poster

doorsign.jpg

And here I doctored it up for the other cruise line

doorsign2.jpg

Edited by Sauer-kraut