What was your upgrade offer and what did you bid

bklynfinest77

What I am saying is all 4 cabins were the exact same midship mini suite all paid the same 2 people in each. They all bid different amounts the one who bit the most did not get it. So maybe they also take pass passenger into account. The one who did not get it had never sailed on NCL.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Did they all have the same insurance?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Got my email today for the Dawn on 6/2. We went from an obstructed ocean view to mid ship balcony.

We bid just over the minimum. Not sure if our latitudes counted for anything we are Platinum and the ship is pretty empty.

We are on this sailing and waiting to hear. Congrats!

Just been advised that I "won" my bid. NCL Jade (June 22) - had booked an obstructed OV guarantee and got a mini-suite for just a little bit over the minimum bid (I think minimum + $25 - but can't remember was the absolute minimum was). I was definitely still in the "poor" range of the bid indicator, and had no real expectation of getting an upgrade. I'm travelling solo so have to double the per person rate - but still an absolute steal over what they were asking originally for a solo in a mini-suite (if there were any still available when I booked, which I'm not sure there was). The ship is fully booked and is no longer showing on the NCL website, so not sure how they are doing the upgrades. As soon as I received the email telling me I had "won", my cabin allocation went from "guarantee" with no cabin number to a specific cabin number.

Not to look a gift horse [cabin?] in the mouth - but do wonder that as I had a guarantee and presuming the OV's were sold out, they would have had to upgrade me to another category anyway, so did they just get a few $$'s more from me for an upgrade they would have to "give" anyway? No matter - I'm happy and will have a balcony on my trip into the Midnight Sun!

... but do wonder that as I had a guarantee and presuming the OV's were sold out, they would have had to upgrade me to another category anyway, so did they just get a few $$'s more from me for an upgrade they would have to "give" anyway? ...

Maybe. Maybe they were oversold in OV's but could have moved somebody else and you would still be in the OV. You did the right thing and got a good deal. Good for you.

We just got 2 emails with invitations to bid on our Breakaway cruise in August. We currently have 2 connecting ocean view cabins. Would love to get balconies but do not want to be at opposite ends of the ship. Is there a way to ensure we wil be close together if our bids are accepted? Sorry if this is a stupid question. Just trying to figure out how it all works.

I am sailing on the Jewel July 1st. Have not received information for bid, nor seen it posted on website. Every cabin above my level has been listed as sold out for a while. However, when we sailed on the Escape in March, everything above us was listed as sold out, too, but we still received the opportunity to bid....not sure if that is in case someone cancels? This time, no opportunity even available. Ah, well. We bought a cabin we were happy with, but have added my daughter, so I would love to try for a 2 bedroom suite. Guess we'll just be cozy!

We just got 2 emails with invitations to bid on our Breakaway cruise in August. We currently have 2 connecting ocean view cabins. Would love to get balconies but do not want to be at opposite ends of the ship. Is there a way to ensure we wil be close together if our bids are accepted? Sorry if this is a stupid question. Just trying to figure out how it all works.

No, you do not get a choice of cabin, and there is no way to put a note on your bid. Watch for sales and connecting cabins, and then call in. My best friend was able to move to connecting minisuites that way.

We are on this sailing and waiting to hear. Congrats!

Hope you hear soon, I did not expect to hear this early, but was really happy I did.

See you on the ship, are you going to the meet and greet?

I received an email stating that our bid of $25 (50 total) was accepted for the June 9, Norwegian Dawn sailing to Bermuda. We were in an obstructed view cabin on deck 8 and were upgraded to a BA midship on deck 9. We are doing a happy dance!

I received an email stating that our bid of $25 (50 total) was accepted for the June 9, Norwegian Dawn sailing to Bermuda. We were in an obstructed view cabin on deck 8 and were upgraded to a BA midship on deck 9. We are doing a happy dance!

We have not heard a thing either. Way about our Dawn cruise next week. I am fine with no upgrade but I wish they would tell us yeah or neah a little earlier so we would know.

We are at less than 30 days for our Bermuda sailing ...whoo hooo...I mentioned earlier on this thread our TA upgraded us foe free to an H4 from an H5 as the prices had gone down since we booked last year. Loyalty to NCl and our TA paid off in a big way!

Thanks also to info gained from cruise critic boards, we withdrew our H3 upsell bid for 2 reasons: although the H3 bathroom is larger, it doesn't overlook the ocean (bathroom view at night in the H4 spa tub is amazing), and the balcony is forward facing, which, while in Bermuda means either looking at the tush of the Summit, or the ocean but none of the American's Cup activities. I love a big balcony, but part of the fun of this trip is the view of all of the activities.

We also withdrew our bid for the H2. I've learned from this thread that NCL will put "booked" rooms up for upsell for last minute cancellations, but I called NCL on Friday to ask if I could actually book the H2 for our sailing (just playing the game to see if it was still available), and was told the H2s have been booked for 6 months.

So...lesson learned. I called my TA and changed our H5 to an H4 for next years Bermuda sailing, as I would rather pick my room and not stress about the upsell. Am I lucky? Of course - there are still 3 H4s available for Bermuda in <30 days, and I hope that three lucky families are soon to join us in Haven Heaven! Regards, Amy

I canceled my bid for a balcony on the Dawn today for this Friday. I bid the lowest possible and feel I wouldn't have a chance at it anyway. We have wanted to try an inside for years just to see if we were satisfied with it and could save money booking one for future cruises. My husband had me put the bid back in just for the fun of it. Time will tell. I hope we will be happy with the inside and save money in the future. We have a 14 night on the dawn to Caribbean booked 10/2018 and it would be nice to see if we could live with an inside and spend a lot less.

We are at less than 30 days for our Bermuda sailing ...whoo hooo...I mentioned earlier on this thread our TA upgraded us foe free to an H4 from an H5 as the prices had gone down since we booked last year. Loyalty to NCl and our TA paid off in a big way!

Thanks also to info gained from cruise critic boards, we withdrew our H3 upsell bid for 2 reasons: although the H3 bathroom is larger, it doesn't overlook the ocean (bathroom view at night in the H4 spa tub is amazing), and the balcony is forward facing, which, while in Bermuda means either looking at the tush of the Summit, or the ocean but none of the American's Cup activities. I love a big balcony, but part of the fun of this trip is the view of all of the activities.

We also withdrew our bid for the H2. I've learned from this thread that NCL will put "booked" rooms up for upsell for last minute cancellations, but I called NCL on Friday to ask if I could actually book the H2 for our sailing (just playing the game to see if it was still available), and was told the H2s have been booked for 6 months.

So...lesson learned. I called my TA and changed our H5 to an H4 for next years Bermuda sailing, as I would rather pick my room and not stress about the upsell. Am I lucky? Of course - there are still 3 H4s available for Bermuda in <30 days, and I hope that three lucky families are soon to join us in Haven Heaven! Regards, Amy

So you are sailing Escape next year to Bermuda since BA is going to Europe?

A year ago, I booked inside guarantee last minute on the Star and was contacted by upsell department. I was offered and took a family suite for sole occupancy @$100 p/p d/o, total of $200.

In December my b2b cruise on Getaway was marred by receiving the automated bid to upgrade offer towards the end of the first cruise. I wasted hours in Cozumel trying to log in and when I finally did I was greeted by the message "Not eligible to upgrade". My letter of complaint went unanswered.

Almost 6 months later I have just booked an inside guarantee on another 9 day Baltics. The next day, received the bid to upgrade offer. Only o/v and balcony offered. Min. bids were $50 p/p and $75 p/p. Bid $100 p/p on Balcony. 3 days later, no message but upgrade portal now tells me "Not eligible to upgrade". What a joke!

So much for being Platinum Plus. Or even a buck private.

Still awaiting broom closet assignment.

A year ago, I booked inside guarantee last minute on the Star and was contacted by upsell department. I was offered and took a family suite for sole occupancy @$100 p/p d/o, total of $200.

In December my b2b cruise on Getaway was marred by receiving the automated bid to upgrade offer towards the end of the first cruise. I wasted hours in Cozumel trying to log in and when I finally did I was greeted by the message "Not eligible to upgrade". My letter of complaint went unanswered.

Almost 6 months later I have just booked an inside guarantee on another 9 day Baltics. The next day, received the bid to upgrade offer. Only o/v and balcony offered. Min. bids were $50 p/p and $75 p/p. Bid $100 p/p on Balcony. 3 days later, no message but upgrade portal now tells me "Not eligible to upgrade". What a joke!

Sorry, but this post has me cracking up! You habitually book the cheapest room possible... and are upset because they only GAVE you a suite once? :') You sail enough to be Platinum Plus... on inside guarantees... by yourself.... and wonder why they have given up extracting more money from you????

In the sealed bid game, Latitude level is Not a consideration. Nor military service

I am providing data points, that's all along with a throw away criticism of the company.

UPDATE :

Approximately 1 hour after the "not eligible" screen, I was assigned a minimum outside cabin still described as IX. So much for no free upgrades. A glitch?

Approximately another hour later received the email congratulating me on the upgrade to a balcony cabin.

To re-cap : A total of $200 bid for cat. BA, confirmed 3 days before sailing.

In the sealed bid game, Latitude level is Not a consideration. Nor military service

Or what you paid, or who you know or your age, etc.

They are trying to get the most money for each cabin. And, sometimes move people out of categories that might be oversold, or open up categories they feel they can still sell.

In a bit of shock right now.....bid the absolute minimum ($1000/pp) for the H4) on the Gem this Saturday and our bid was just accepted!! We were originally in an aft balcony with our 2 kids. I debated canceling my bid numerous times bc i wasn't sure i wanted to give up the aft views. My husband has no idea! Very excited....hope i made the right decision!!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

In a bit of shock right now.....bid the absolute minimum ($1000/pp) for the H4) on the Gem this Saturday and our bid was just accepted!! We were originally in an aft balcony with our 2 kids. I debated canceling my bid numerous times bc i wasn't sure i wanted to give up the aft views. My husband has no idea! Very excited....hope i made the right decision!!

Yay! Congratulations!

How are you planning on playing check-in? :)

Thanks! I'm guessing he'll probably figure it out at that point unless anyone has any great ideas on how to keep it under wraps....lol. We've never sailed on NCL before so he doesn't know what the Haven is.... Hoping that will keep him stumped a little longer!

Thanks! I'm guessing he'll probably figure it out at that point unless anyone has any great ideas on how to keep it under wraps....lol. We've never sailed on NCL before so he doesn't know what the Haven is.... Hoping that will keep him stumped a little longer!

I would just tell him that on ncl they call the aft cabins "Haven".m. If he's like my dh it might take days to figure it out :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk