Wonderful Copenhagen 2017 edition.

Danish Viking - I just wanted to say thank you for all the advice you have posted in your threads. I've just got back from my cruise and was able to use all of it to make my Copenhagen experience run smoothly - especially catching the cruise bus from Norreport.

Hello Danish viking - thank you so much for all your helpful information. We are a family of four ('kids' are 17 & 20) and will be on Getaway in August 14. We arrive from Toronto to Copenhagen at 08:30 on August 13. We are staying the night at the Airport Hilton. My first thought is to get a 24 hour city pass and take the train into the city center and explore on Aug 13 and then on August 14 continue to use the 24 hour pass to take the train and buses to the port. However, I've read that taking luggage on the busses may not be a good idea as it takes up too much room. I don't want to be rude or cause issues. We will probably have two of the large backpacks, one medium roller bag and 4 small daypacks. Would you recommend instead that we just do single train passes for our touring on Aug 13 back and forth from hotel to city center and then bite the bullet and pay for a taxi to get to the port on Aug 14? Thanks

Hello Danish viking - thank you so much for all your helpful information. We are a family of four ('kids' are 17 & 20) and will be on Getaway in August 14. We arrive from Toronto to Copenhagen at 08:30 on August 13. We are staying the night at the Airport Hilton. My first thought is to get a 24 hour city pass and take the train into the city center and explore on Aug 13 and then on August 14 continue to use the 24 hour pass to take the train and buses to the port. However, I've read that taking luggage on the busses may not be a good idea as it takes up too much room. I don't want to be rude or cause issues. We will probably have two of the large backpacks, one medium roller bag and 4 small daypacks. Would you recommend instead that we just do single train passes for our touring on Aug 13 back and forth from hotel to city center and then bite the bullet and pay for a taxi to get to the port on Aug 14? Thanks

As already noted, Hilton is now a Clarion hotel.

To the question

If you get on the 27 bus at Østerport I would say its possible as it is the first stop for the bus and its a very quiet area where the bus stop is, so there will be no stress in getting your stuff on board.

If you think its not worth the trouble, you can still save some money.

Use the City Pass to get into Nørreport with the airport train, and then get a taxi from Nørreport.

Normally I would suggest Østerport as it is closer to the pier, but its under reconstruction so I don't know how easy it is to find a taxi.

On the bus there is a low floor area at the front of the bus with foldable chairs where the luggage can be placed.

There is normal seats on the left side of the bus so you can sit next to the luggage.

What station is that? Sorry, I am having trouble with any bus map I find. I am a walker, no problem with that distance, but I will have a rolling luggage bag and my biggest worry is narrow, crowded sidewalks. This will be at approximately noon on Monday, June 12th. Thank you for taking the time to answer my question.

Danish Viking! My friends are staying at the Absalon Hotel in the meat packing district. I read some bad reviews on TripAdvisor especially ones regarding this hotel is right in the middle of the red light district, so if you have your windows open all you hear all night are pimps, drunks and Prostitutes arguing with one another, that along with emergency vehicles and lights and sirens. Should I tell them to change hotels?

That station is Nørreport, I thought that you had figured it out yourself since you knew about the 25 bus.

On a more serious note.

Get off the bus at Østerport or Nørreport and take any train to the central station and walk the few 100 meters to your hotel from there.

The central station is called København H and is located just east of your hotel and is visible on the map I provided.

No, the bus map I had looked at looked like it went all the way and actually past Central Station. Sorry, country girl. Looks like a nice walk to the hotel along the water from Norreport Station. If it's not raining would much rather walk than deal with another bus. Is this a nice walk? Distance under 5k with luggage is very doable as long as the sidewalks are not totally congested so I would be a nusance to others with a roller bag.

Its only 2,1 to 2,4 kilometers depending on the route so if the weather is nice its absolutely double.

Especially the walking route along the lakes are pretty nice.

But remember that only bus 25 goes to Nørreport.

The bus you talk about is the 26 bus, it doesn't go out to Oceankaj but it has the same bus stop as 25 and 27 at Østerport as seen on my photos a few post back.

But this bus takes the tourist route through downtown Copenhagen so it takes up some extra time.

Thank you Danish viking! If it doesn't rain I will take the 25 bus to Norreport and walk along the water to the hotel. It is so kind of you to answer all these question about your city. I hope when I get there I encounter more people like you.

For others who may have booked the Hilton Copenhagen with your elite Hilton status, its new owners (Choice) are running a status match: http://nordicchoicecampaigns.com/match-en/

Also of note: with mere Hilton Gold -> Nordic Choice Gold, you get Hertz President's Circle matching.

They say the status match can take up to 5 business days.

We're trying to decide between taking a taxi or train from CPH to Scandic Copenhagen. There will be three adults with three large suitcases. Google says it's a 7 minute walk from Central Station to Scandic Copenhagen. How practical is this though with luggage?

Thanks for this! BTW if you are trying, the site will not accept a word document of my screen shot to be uploaded but it did accept it when I converted it to a PDF file.

I received email notice of being set to Gold status last night; I hope your uplift happens equally fast. :)

We are docking at Oceankaj Quay 331

I believe their will be a shuttle bus that will be available to drop us into town. If not...Is there a bike rental at that port?

If I rented a bike, where would I be able to park it while I go on a canal cruise and all the other places I want to see?

Sheri

We are docking at Oceankaj Quay 331

I believe their will be a shuttle bus that will be available to drop us into town. If not...Is there a bike rental at that port?

If I rented a bike, where would I be able to park it while I go on a canal cruise and all the other places I want to see?

Sheri

There are not shuttle buses from Oceankaj to the city, but there are city buses, the 25 and the 27. If you go to the first post by Danish Viking and look for the subsection called "Transport to the Piers", you can see which stations the two buses travel to and the fare.

I'm fairly certain that there are no bicycle rentals at Oceankaj.

There are not shuttle buses from Oceankaj to the city, but there are city buses, the 25 and the 27. If you go to the first post by Danish Viking and look for the subsection called "Transport to the Piers", you can see which stations the two buses travel to and the fare.

I'm fairly certain that there are no bicycle rentals at Oceankaj.

Thank you...The shuttle bus I was referring to is a private Royal Caribbean shuttle which I found out is offered once onboard the ship ....but the public bus is a great option as well.

Sheri

Could you tell me which of these two hotels is closer to Tivoli, Stroget, and the Canal tour entrance? Princess information says both are close to Tivoli but I can't tell if one is closer than the other. Thank you for any information you can give me.

Radisson Blu Royal Hotel

Scandic Hotel Copenhagen