Looks like Carnival Glory has returned to Eastern Caribbean.

Brad1972

Just noticed Carnival Glory heading for halfmoon cay and then on to San Juan, St. Thomas and Grand Turk. Its a good sign things are returning to normal. Wonder when the other ships are returning to normal eastern Caribbean itinerary. Still lots of clean up and rebuilding to do but its nice to see cruise ships returning to these islands too.

I am hoping that someone on the Glory will write a nice review or summary of their port experiences. I am wondering what to expect when we are on that same cruise in a couple of months.

We were looking forward to doing lots of snorkeling on this trip -- but now I am thinking that snorkeling close to shore might not be the best thing. Although I see in the photos they have done a great job cleaning up Meghan's Bay beaches to make it ready for tourists.

In St. Thomas we were originally planning to take the excursion to Trunk Bay on St. John, but I think that it might still be too damaged to make it worthwhile. Although Carnival still seems to be offering most of the same excursions as they did pre-hurricane Irma & Maria. So, it's all very confusing at this point, and I have been hesitant to book any excursions for our Eastern Caribbean itinerary.

• 3 weeks later...

We had hope for them to return before we left on December 9th but that isn't happening. Not really looking forward to the replacement ports. We have done them before but St Thomas is my favorite. I guess we will just have to make the best of it.

We had hope for them to return before we left on December 9th but that isn't happening. Not really looking forward to the replacement ports. We have done them before but St Thomas is my favorite. I guess we will just have to make the best of it.

Fishinjules, so what are your replacement ports? Hopefully you still get 4 ports, not 3. Hopefully not Nassau.

We don't sail until February, so our fingers are crossed that they will have a decent itinerary for us worked out by then. But you never know. It makes it hard to plan your exursions when everything is in flux. But we have gone ahead and booked Carnival excursions for Sailing, Snorkeling to Trunk Bay/St John and a reef snorkel trip for Grand Turk. It sounds like things are up and going okay at Grand Turk. I guess San Juan will just be walking around the historic center & the fort (if open). I think Half Moon Cay was never affected, so hopefully you will have good weather for a beach day there.

Did you check your emails for November 30th for an cabin upgrade from Carnival? I hadn't noticed anything but after reading Cruise Critic I went and checked -- and Carnival had an offer to upgrade our basement ocean view cabin to a Deck 6 balcony for $114 (total). So, even though I had a lot of angst/worry about cruising the Eastern Caribbean--- having our first balcony cabin will make it a much more exciting cruise for us. We are back-to-back with the Western Caribbean itinerary, and no offers were given for that one because that sailing is packed. If you didn't get any good upgrade offers you could always call them and ASK for one, unless of course you are in a deluxe suite, and it doesn't get any better!