Door width Celebrity Summit Signature Suite

kokopelli-az

We are considering renting a Pride Go Go Sport from Mobility at Sea (this is the scooter they say they rent) for our January sailing on the Summit. Our travel agent contacted Celebrity and was told the width of the door on our room (Signature Suite category S1) is 36". The literature from Pride says the Go Go Sport is 21-1/4" wide, which of course would fit, but I thought 36" sounded a little wide for the door width and was wondering if this is correct. Has anyone has had a Go Go Sport in a Signature Suite stateroom on the Summit?

(We booked this over a year and a half ago and at that time didn't need an accessible stateroom. At this point, all our future bookings are in accessible staterooms.)

I think you mean a Sky Suite? There are some cruise lines where all suites have wider doors. Wish I could remember if Celebrity is one, as I have taken lots of pics of Celebrity cabins. You might ask on the Celebrity board. EM

As a follow-up to this post, I reposted it on the Celebrity board and kitty9 replied:

I have been in that cabin, on that ship with my Pride Go Go Sport and it fit just fine into the cabin. Of course, I remove the armrests on all my scooters because I just don't like them, so that can be something you can do if you're worried about fitting in the door. The other thing is, the straighter you can pull into the cabin the better, as opposed to trying to get in the doorway on more of an angle.

In case anyone is looking at this post in the future, now there is an answer.