WiFi on Allure of the Seas

You need an HDMI cable, Apple Lightning Digital AV Adapter ($49-one end has a lightning connector and the other an HDMI port), and a Samsung remote or a universal remote with an "INPUT" button that has Samsung TV codes since the TV's are Samsung. I have a Samsung remote, but you can get a cheap RCA remote from Target "RCA 2 Device Large Button Remote Control - Black (RCRH02BR)" for $4.99.

I used this on Allure and Anthem with absolutely no problems. Plug the lightning end of the adapter into the iPad and HDMI into the other end of the adapter. Plug the HDMI into a port on the TV. Then change the input on the TV to your HDMI TV port with the input button on the remote. Your iPad home page will appear on the TV once you've changed to the correct HDMI port. All but one GS cabin TV required me to change the input and one automatically changed to my iPad. I practiced on a TV at home prior to sailing with the remote of my current TV. Plus, it's fun viewing your iPad videos and photos on the big screen TV instead of the iPad or iPhone. Also, you can do the same hookup with the iPhone.

I realized last night that I have a Roku 3. Shouldn't I just bring that with me and hook it up to the TV. This way I won't have to mirror my tablet to watch Netflix, I can watch Netflix direct from the Roku.

I realized last night that I have a Roku 3. Shouldn't I just bring that with me and hook it up to the TV. This way I won't have to mirror my tablet to watch Netflix, I can watch Netflix direct from the Roku.

Just realize that with any connection scenario, Netflix may not like the location provided by VOOM (some foreign country).

Sounds like a great idea. I've never used Roku, but I gather it plugs into a HDMI port...so I imagine you would still need a universal remote to change from the ship HDMI port to the Roku HDMI port.

..so I imagine you would still need a universal remote to change from the ship HDMI port to the Roku HDMI port.

Recently, I've noticed that if you simply step through the channels using the regular remote, the HDMI input is in the rotation.;)

Recently, I've noticed that if you simply step through the channels using the regular remote, the HDMI input is in the rotation.;)

This is good to know so I won't bring a universal remote. Alternatively, I can bring a remote from a Samsung TV.

• 5 weeks later...
You need an HDMI cable, Apple Lightning Digital AV Adapter ($49-one end has a lightning connector and the other an HDMI port), and a Samsung remote or a universal remote with an "INPUT" button that has Samsung TV codes since the TV's are Samsung. I have a Samsung remote, but you can get a cheap RCA remote from Target "RCA 2 Device Large Button Remote Control - Black (RCRH02BR)" for $4.99.

I used this on Allure and Anthem with absolutely no problems. Plug the lightning end of the adapter into the iPad and HDMI into the other end of the adapter. Plug the HDMI into a port on the TV. Then change the input on the TV to your HDMI TV port with the input button on the remote. Your iPad home page will appear on the TV once you've changed to the correct HDMI port. All but one GS cabin TV required me to change the input and one automatically changed to my iPad. I practiced on a TV at home prior to sailing with the remote of my current TV. Plus, it's fun viewing your iPad videos and photos on the big screen TV instead of the iPad or iPhone. Also, you can do the same hookup with the iPhone.

Thank you for this very clear explanation!

You need an HDMI cable, Apple Lightning Digital AV Adapter ($49-one end has a lightning connector and the other an HDMI port),

Make sure to get the AV adapter that also has the "input" lightning socket. That way you can plug your charger into it and charge your apple device while it's in use, otherwise the battery might go dead as you are viewing.

They sell the AV adapters with and without that extra input socket so make sure to spend a little more and get it.

BTW: I have done this several times and it works fine.

Make sure to get the AV adapter that also has the "input" lightning socket. That way you can plug your charger into it and charge your apple device while it's in use, otherwise the battery might go dead as you are viewing.

They sell the AV adapters with and without that extra input socket so make sure to spend a little more and get it.

BTW: I have done this several times and it works fine.

You are correct and the $49 adapter allows you to charge your device while streaming at the same time.