Chops vs Giovannis table on Allure

rukkian

We found out over the weekend that we are now getting a complimentary dinner for 2 at either Chops or giovanni's table for our March cruise on Allure from our TA. Having never been to either, and know this is subjective, would like opinions. My birthday is on the cruise, but is day 2, and not sure we want to go that day, as don't really want to pay for the kids, and they might not be ready to eat on their own yet (or maybe we won't see them that whole day), as it is their first cruise. Neither my wife or myself are really foodies, but do like to go out to eat, and are somewhat picky. We both like steak (however my wife will put ketchup on even a nice filet) and like some Italian, but don't really go to even remotely authentic Italian places.

Looking for guidance from anybody that frequents the 2. If it were free, which would you choose?

On our last trip on Allure in July, we ate several times at Chops and only once at Giovanni's. I know so many love the steak at Giovanni's, but, to me, the rib eye steak at Chops was so much better than the filet at Giovanni's.

The first night at Chops we had the filet and it was very good. The second night there the waiter suggested my son try the rib eye. (He was the same waiter we had the first night as we requested him.) My son loved it so the 3rd time we went to Chops, 3 out of the 4 of us had the rib eye. I also loved the gruyere tator tots.

I thought Giovanni's was just ok. I didn't pay enough attention to the menu to realize the pasta carbonara had a poached egg on top. I didn't like it at all. We all have different tastes, but when we go on Allure again, it will be more nights at Chops and one night at Giovanni's.

We were on Allure last week and we ate at both GT and Chops. I would agree with an earlier response that GT has more variety as far as menu items but I prefer the steak at Chops. It was well cooked, tender and seasoned well.

Thanks all for the responses. It sounds like both are good, so looking forward to it, and may just decide once on board.

• 2 weeks later...
We both like steak (however my wife will put ketchup on even a nice filet) and like some Italian, but don't really go to even remotely authentic Italian places.

Honestly...I wouldn't even go. It doesn't matter what it's "worth" if you won't enjoy it anymore than the Windjammer. Theres nothing wrong at all with passing up on the option, saving the time that goes into a night at a specialty restaurant and doing things you know you'll enjoy.

I don't like the opera..at all. I like theater, tried the opera and just don't care for it. If I had a week in Paris and someone offered me free front row tickets for one of my 7 nights I would most definitely pass for other options I know I would enjoy more.

Honestly...I wouldn't even go. It doesn't matter what it's "worth" if you won't enjoy it anymore than the Windjammer. Theres nothing wrong at all with passing up on the option, saving the time that goes into a night at a specialty restaurant and doing things you know you'll enjoy.

I don't like the opera..at all. I like theater, tried the opera and just don't care for it. If I had a week in Paris and someone offered me free front row tickets for one of my 7 nights I would most definitely pass for other options I know I would enjoy more.

????????

OP they're both nice. Enjoy :)