PH w/Roberts on disembarkation day.

dunaldo

Anyone done Pearl Harbor excursion with Roberts on disembarkation day? Doesn't leave until 9:00 and I read so much about being there early. Is this doable? Have a late flight so that is not a problem.

We just got back a couple of weeks and had a unpleasant experience with Roberts - a couple had made a reservation, Roberts had their names on the manifest, but somehow they weren't added to the count. The bus that arrived was 1 seat short of the total passengers (since the system hadn't counted the couple)and the driver (under instructions from the office) made the couple get off so they missed sunset at Haleakala since the NCL excursions had already left. The rest of the passengers were willing to wait for a larger bus, one of the passengers offered to sit on a camp seat, but no. The couple was crushed and the rest of the passengers felt bad, it certainly put a damper on the excursion.

Very poor customer service IMO.

Anyone done Pearl Harbor excursion with Roberts on disembarkation day? Doesn't leave until 9:00 and I read so much about being there early. Is this doable? Have a late flight so that is not a problem.

Roberts will have the tickets and times when they pick you up and your flight needs to be no earlier than 5:30 as per their web site.

We took the Roberts post cruise tour of Pearl Harbor back in March. They went to Pearl Harbor first to get the tickets. Our bus driver went and got the tickets while we sat comfortably in the bus and since it was a couple hours wait, we took the tour of downtown Honolulu first and then came back to Pearl Harbor. Then afterwards the tour took us to many other sights (Punch Bowl, etc). We enjoyed the tour and our guide was great.

The problem with the Roberts tour is that it doesn't leave until 9:00 am and by the time you get to PH the wait times can be long. We did not get tickets for PH until 1:30 pm. That is alot of time to fill! Our driver took us to a hot dog stand (which took about 45 minutes) and also to the stadium flea market (did not want to buy anthing, my bags were already packed) and we were forced to be there for an hour.

I guess if you were leaving that day on a flight it is better than waiting in an airport but we were using the hotel drop-off option and I would have been much happier spending my time at the HHV.

I know we could have rented a car but I was just tired of driving myself on all the islands. If I wanted a tour I would choose the ship tour since they leave at 8:00 AM.

Archived