Early Saver , sometimes it's who you talk to

CENTEX CRUISER

I submitted an ES form today, hoping for a reduction, and then called in because I had a question. The nice lady said it would not be honored because of the category, so I said ok, no problem. Then I checked Fare Viewer, that I never use and my 8B category showed $64 less, so I called in again and this time got Ms. Wonderful who promptly checked and informed that I was indeed correct and went on to do the adjustment while I was on the phone with her. The person earlier today also said it could not be done by phone, only by ES form. Ms. Wonderful said not true. So I e-mailed guest solutions and put in a word for the young lady that did such a great job. Sometimes it pays to be a little persistent if you know you are right, and $64 is $64..

I submitted an ES form today, hoping for a reduction, and then called in because I had a question. The nice lady said it would not be honored because of the category, so I said ok, no problem. Then I checked Fare Viewer, that I never use and my 8B category showed $64 less, so I called in again and this time got Ms. Wonderful who promptly checked and informed that I was indeed correct and went on to do the adjustment while I was on the phone with her. The person earlier today also said it could not be done by phone, only by ES form. Ms. Wonderful said not true. So I e-mailed guest solutions and put in a word for the young lady that did such a great job. Sometimes it pays to be a little persistent if you know you are right, and $64 is $64..

Yes, it does pay to be persistent. Had the same problem about two months ago. Booked early saver for my cruise in November & saw that my cabin category went down in price. Some of the people on my roll call made mention about price drops. Submitted the es form & got denied because of it not applying to my cabin category. Called Carnival & spoke to a nice man who acknowledged I should have got that reduction in the first place(Only 51 dollars but that is 51 dollars that can go towards drinks. :D). Since then, I have been able to add $120 more dollars.

Same thing happened to me yesterday, called in and was told I couldn't upgrade and get reduction because the rate I was pricing was only for new bookings...seemed a little off, so I called back again and got the upgrade along with the reduction no problem!

I was lucky and got a great rep right from the start and she made all our adjustments on the phone and even sent the confirmations by email before we were done. Had sent an email to my PVP but she was out. My PVP has sent me an email today and went ahead and made all the adjustments for the bookings of our friends who are linked without them even having to call her. It's been two great days of wonderful customer service from Carnival for us!!!

It does pay to be persistent.When I found my last price drop of $100 I called and was told that she "couldn't see it" on her end.We talked for a minute about why I could see it and not her but when I said oh by the way I took a screen shot, she saw it.

Archived