Windstar Referral system

marama

We wil be cruising with Windstar next year with friends who have been referred by us. As Yacht Club members we understand that we should receive brownie points of some kind from Windstar for this but we can't find out how it works. Does anyone here know?

The $100 is pp, you have to make sure when they reserve they clearly tell the TA and/or WS that you are the referring people. If it through their TA you have to do this as well. When I did this I called WS as well to ask them if they had me listed with my friends registered it was. The TA has to be neurotic about this. The reason I am telling you about the TA is because I have had such bad experiences with TAs that now I do everything myself. Happy Sailing

Thanks Strenz, I will bear this in mind! Our Windstar booking Agent seemed pretty helpful and efficient - but I still had to remind her about the the referral credit AND the $150 onboard credit which was the special offer which came with our cruise. These things matter to customers and you wouldn't expect them to forget, so its hard to know whether its down to the training - or to take a more cynical view - a calculated oversight they have been told to make. I guess I am just getting old and cynical!

We have never had a second of difficulty with WS, we have difficulty with TAs. I do everything myself now. Have a nice cruise, next time we are on May 2017, out of Venice, can't wait, it will be our 20 th. Happy Sailinf.

On Seabourn, there is a cc thread for referrals which we took advantage of and received a $400 ship credit. It does not seem that WS has the same thread on cruise critic, but perhaps we could start one. I'd be happy to refer a new Windstar cruiser!

As for TAs, you need to find a good one. My TA offered us an additional incentive in the form of a ship credit to book with them and that was on top of the $150pp promo offer from WS, so there are benefits that you are missing out on if you are not using an agent.

Yes I'm sure that's true - our Agent is pretty good with Seabourn bookings but they don't do a lot of Windstar. I will have to keep an eye out for other special offers. I agree with you that it's good to have a referrals thread here - there is heaps of information over on the Seabourn board about the same topic. I know it's on the Windstar website, but I had forgotten all about it.

Hi Windstar board members,

would somebody like to refer me as a new Windstar cruiser?

Today I called my German TA for a quote of the Star Breeze cruise starting at September, 12 th at Civitavecchia.

I would be glad to get an answer from one of you ... :)

• 4 months later...

Is there a chance to put this thread "sticky" to the very top of the Windstar forum page?

I think, it would be perfect for newbies and future Windstar cruisers to get some additional OBC. :)

At the Seabourn forum page there's a lot of traffic on their reverral thread, may be because it's sticky?! ;)

$100 OBC per person for the couple referring and the same for the new Windstar cruisers. Hope this helps

These are the correct facts, but it doesn't help newbies, when information about this is not at the very top of the Windstar board (Sticky), because they will not know that this program exists.

@Admin: Action is needed ...

Looking to book our first Windstar cruise. Is any repeat cruiser would want to refer us to Windstar prior to our booking we would appreciate it

Would love to. Email me at my username @aol with cruise critic in the subject line.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I am about to book a cruise on Wind Surf (first one!) - Classic Caribbean - and would love a referral for onboard credit.

Thanks in advance!

Email me, my cruise critic user name @aol.com

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• 4 months later...

Hi,

We're looking into booking our first windstar cruise ( Europe may/june 2018 ).

Is there any windstar cruise repeater who would like to refer us ?

As I understand it correctly, I need to give the repeaters details ( name+address+yacht club number) to my TA when making a booking ( so that both parties can enjoy the OBC of 200 $ ).

My email is dhoogheralfatyahoodotcom

( pleace replace at by @ and dot by . )

Kind regards,

ralf