Drink package Allure of the Seas

marines77

We are for adults and we have Sky class for a sailing February 2018. Should we buy the deluxe drink package knowing that we have suite access daily from 11 a.m. to 11 p.m. with complimentary drinks? We are not sure if it would be an inconvenience to go to the suite for drinks or just suck it up and buy the drink packages? Any advice?

Depends on how you drink. Do you need a drink with dinner? During shows? By the pool? How important is the location for you to drink? And how much will you be drinking? Remember that the drinks package is usually only worth it if you're drinking 5-6 times a day.

I assume you will be hanging out on the suite sun deck during the day as we do. The walk to/from the SL for a "free" beer or wine only, during the day, isn't worth the trouble. There is a nice bar on the suite sun deck and plenty of servers to get something for you. Plus, if you head down to the "Dog House" for a lunch time sausage or two it's also not convenient to hit the SL for a beer with a dog.

I found we seldom went to the SL for a drink during the day. We did use it frequently for a pre-dinner cocktail or after dinner drink. But, again it's only beer and wine outside of a small window in the evening.

• 3 weeks later...

I'm going on the allure and heard if you book the deluxe booze package early you can get a discount of 20-30% off . Can anyone tell where or you can get this from. I have never gone in royal before. Thanks

I'm going on the allure and heard if you book the deluxe booze package early you can get a discount of 20-30% off . Can anyone tell where or you can get this from. I have never gone in royal before. Thanks

You would need to check your cruise planner for your sailing. Prices vary from ship to ship, and even week to week occasionally on the same ship. No rhyme or reason to the pricing with Royal. The price quoted is per day, but they will add an 18% gratuity to the total amount. If you do book now and the price goes down, you can cancel and rebook up until a few days before sailing.

• 2 months later...
We are for adults and we have Sky class for a sailing February 2018. Should we buy the deluxe drink package knowing that we have suite access daily from 11 a.m. to 11 p.m. with complimentary drinks? We are not sure if it would be an inconvenience to go to the suite for drinks or just suck it up and buy the drink packages? Any advice?

We sailed with our kids and grandkids in Sky Class on Oasis I bought drink packages for the 4 adult kids. Even with the Suite Lounge, I think Royal Caribbean lost money. ;p

You can only get beer and wine from 11-11 in the Suite Lounge. You can get alcohol in the Suite Lounge during the happy hour. The lounge is on deck 17. If you're by the pool and want a beer you likely won't run up to deck 17 to get it. Figure out how much you drink during the day and you can decide if it's worth it to you.