Advice

Alva43

Take a positive attitude, especially when dealing with the crew. They will do their best to help you in any way they can, and you just may get a few perks for simply being nice! I once called the executive chef on an NCL ship to tell him about the incredible lunch I had on embarkation day. The guy sent chocolate covered strawberries to my room nearly every day for the rest of the cruise!

I've written a few blog posts about my cruising; feel free to peruse: http://laurenofalltrades.blogspot.com/search/label/cruises

I went to Cozumel for one day and did the Snuba excursion and liked it a lot. Snuba is really snorkeling, but you are hooked up to a tank that floats on the surface so you dont have to go up for air. It was a good choice for being in port only one day and having never scuba-ed before.

• 2 weeks later...
My #1 piece of advice for cruisers: Don't try to do everything - you can't. Just relax (remember it's a vacation) and enjoy what you can do.

This. I've also seen MANY times on posts like yours this WONDERFUL piece of advice:

Pack half the clothing you think you should and bring twice the money.

I've found that to be extremely helpful. My first cruise I unpacked probably half the clothes I took, but never wore, when I got home :cool:

Definitely join a Roll call. Also, check Facebook, they usually have a group for your cruise and they will post meet and greets.

Don't over pack!

Bring sunscreen and aloe, you won't regret it.

In Cozumel you can do an excursions or you can just get off the ship, take a taxi to the beach (they aren't super expensive), or can you can walk around close to the port area.

Don't settle for the first price when dealing with some vendors. Trust me, they will go lower.

Take tons of photos.

Have fun! Don't forget as that's the most important one!