Star Pride- Late departures

O2B@Cagain

O2B@Cagain

usually one of the late evenings in port is going to be the deck BBQ so you will not be going ashore. If ship stays til 10PM, last tender is usually 30-45 minutes before departure. You can also have dinner on board early and go out and have a drink ashore if you want as long as you come back on the last tender

O2B@Cagain

Not sure you are going to get a great French Dinner in Les Saintes as it is a very casual and pretty small place but should you decide to eat there, you can expect a casual experience with basic standard french dishes adapted to the islands and you probably will not go wrong if you go with locally caught seafood if available

Just a note on the on deck barbecue. I normally despise anything that might resemble crowded outdoor cafeteria food in any way.

This meal is COMPLETELY different. I’m sure others can do a better job of describing the amazing food and service there, so I’ll just suggest you give it try.

O2B@Cagain

usually one of the late evenings in port is going to be the deck BBQ so you will not be going ashore. If ship stays til 10PM, last tender is usually 30-45 minutes before departure. You can also have dinner on board early and go out and have a drink ashore if you want as long as you come back on the last tender

THAT sounds like a plan by me. It's too bad we're sailing from Gustavia in the afternoon because a walk down yacht row in the evening would be outstanding. So our two late port evenings are Martinique and Guadeloupe. Thoughts? Recommendations? New ports for us.

We have been to Iles des Saintes several times and have a favorite restaurant. ;) I understand about the BBQ. Well, at least I've read about it. Maybe it won't be on the night we are at Iles des Saintes? And maybe we will just go for a long lunch instead at our spot...Leaving our options open.

On another topic- Is it difficult to get reservations at Candles? Or do you just need to be flexible in dates?

Getting Candles reservation can be more challenging only if you board late. They will know which night the deck bbq will be and you can adjust your Candles reservation accordingly ( Candles and Amphora are closed that night). We Try to book a night when there is a later departure if possible but any night is fine so remain flexible