Boarding Harmony of the seas

target1437

I will be going on Harmony in February(first time on this ship) and wondering what the new process is like? I have a boarding time on my set sail pass and it also states that you sea pass card will be outside stateroom door. I went on Oasis in January and the boarding process was the same as every other Royal cruise I have been on. Any insight is greatly appreciated!!

I will be going on Harmony in February(first time on this ship) and wondering what the new process is like? I have a boarding time on my set sail pass and it also states that you sea pass card will be outside stateroom door. I went on Oasis in January and the boarding process was the same as every other Royal cruise I have been on. Any insight is greatly appreciated!!

On Harmony, every guest gets their own SetSail (boarding) pass. You can use that to make purchases (drinks, etc.) until staterooms open and you can get your SeaPass card(s). One SeaPass card is attached to the outside of the stateroom to allow entry and retrieval of any other SeaPass cards.

Boarding times are not enforced, you can arrive whenever you like.

On Harmony, every guest gets their own SetSail (boarding) pass. You can use that to make purchases (drinks, etc.) until staterooms open and you can get your SeaPass card(s). One SeaPass card is attached to the outside of the stateroom to allow entry and retrieval of any other SeaPass cards.

Boarding times are not enforced, you can arrive whenever you like.

Outside the stateroom door? I wonder when the first time some kid runs down a hall way and takes them all. I guess I'll see this for the first time in Miami when I board Symphony.

Outside the stateroom door? I wonder when the first time some kid runs down a hall way and takes them all. I guess I'll see this for the first time in Miami when I board Symphony.

I felt the same way when I first heard about this on Quantum, but I've not seen any reports of problems. I thought it was more likely someone would get their stateroom number wrong, enter, and start drinking someone else's champagne by mistake.

I have not heard of this happening yet. Quantum class and Harmony have used this method right from the start.

We were on the Anthem recently. Seemed to work o.k. There were about 10 checks of the paper setsail pass before we stepped on the ship to ensure that we had completed check-in in the terminal. Along with the upload of photos, credit cards, etc. made the check-in process a breeze.

Carnival has been doing this on some ships for about a year (I think) and despite a lot of gnashing of teeth and speculation on CruiseCritic about possible theft of cards, etc., the new process has worked very well. We experienced it on Vista last month and just being able to skip that entire extra step during embarkation was a great bonus.

I'm assuming that the SeaPass cards won't be placed outside staterooms until their "official" ready time (like Carnival does it), so it should cut down on the number of people entering the stateroom passageways while the stewards are working their tails off getting cabins ready.

Going on the Harmony for the 1st time with a group of 14, most who have never cruised! I’m not familiar with the new boarding process and the new set sail passes! Yikes.... what do I️ need to know?

Sent from my iPad using Forums

The most crucial things are to make reservations for your shows and dinner. Look for sales on excursions, beverage packages and internet and buy those in advance. Everything else will be fine

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Carnival has been doing this on some ships for about a year (I think) and despite a lot of gnashing of teeth and speculation on CruiseCritic about possible theft of cards, etc., the new process has worked very well. We experienced it on Vista last month and just being able to skip that entire extra step during embarkation was a great bonus.

I'm assuming that the SeaPass cards won't be placed outside staterooms until their "official" ready time (like Carnival does it), so it should cut down on the number of people entering the stateroom passageways while the stewards are working their tails off getting cabins ready.

When we did our Anthem Cruise over the summer I was shocked that RCI was using this method but it worked out great! No issues and look forward to it when we go on Harmony in April. Took longer to check in on Allure because you had to go to the dedicated line and then wait to get your card retrieved from the bins.

Enjoy.

Going on Harmony Sept 15th and looking forward to this quicker method! Our only other cruise was out of Long Beach, CA and it took forever! I think we waited 2 hours before getting to a counter, and we were not in he longest part of the line, which was in the sun. Then we had to wait again in another line before security. Probably wouldn't be a bad idea to set up a bar outside the terminal.

When can we get the WOW Bands? And are they still running for $5 or 6$ each? Is it possible to order one pre-cruise and get it beforehand, like at WDW?

... When can we get the WOW Bands? And are they still running for $5 or 6$ each? Is it possible to order one pre-cruise and get it beforehand, like at WDW?

They run $5 each and you can get them at Guest Services. Not sure if they are available pre-cruise.

They run $5 each and you can get them at Guest Services. Not sure if they are available pre-cruise.

$5 isn't bad at all. Can I get them with the Set Sail boarding pass or do I need to wait for the SeaPass to be available? I'm wondering if I can get one asap after boarding.

$5 isn't bad at all. Can I get them with the Set Sail boarding pass or do I need to wait for the SeaPass to be available? I'm wondering if I can get one asap after boarding.

Pretty sure you can use the SetSail for all purchases before you get your SeaPass card.

Can I get some clarification on WOW band vs. Seapass cards please? I know the bands can be used to open your stateroom door and for purchases on the ship whether it be merchandise or drinks. If you are being served a drink (in the theater, around the pool, etc.), do you need to remove the WOW band or do the servers have scanners with them? I also know that you need your seapass card to get on and off the ship even if you have a band. On previous cruises, people in my group got their cards punched and wore them on a lanyard, but I have read on here that is not possibly on Harmony because of a chip in the card. Does anyone know if hole punches are still available for Harmony cards?