Harmony – Missing some Oasis features?

mlbcruiser

Thinking of cruising on The Harmony OTS soon. We enjoyed having breakfast in an area that was near the spa/solarium on the Oasis some mornings. Although it was billed as a spa menu or something, it still had things like bacon but wasn’t as extensive as the Windjammer. Also doesn’t seem to be much sunning area on the top deck that is above the pools. Oasis class ships are like that a bit compared to the Voyager class of ships.

I know there is no pool in the solarium, but are the hot tubs just like the very large ones on the Oasis which are near the solarium?

Last but not least, I understand the wonderland restaurant is where the Diamond lounge is located on the Oasis. I didn’t like it when they moved the diamond lounge on the oasis from its perch above the promenade. I am wondering if this venue is a nice lounge on the Harmony or just an afterthought, stuffed down lower where they had enough space to stick it?

These are minor issues of course and I know the Harmony definitely has things the other ships in her class do But wanted to ask anyway.

Thanks for any replies.

Diamond lounge was much better positioned on Oasis it is now next to jazz on four deck four it's quite big with no windows.

Hot tubs near the solarium are indeed large and the sun bathing area fine by us.

The solarium bistro offers a very good breakfast not as vast as the Windjammer but usually much quieter and not such a bun fight.

... I know there is no pool in the solarium, but are the hot tubs just like the very large ones on the Oasis which are near the solarium? ...

Harmony still has the cantilever whirlpools near the Solarium.

We were on the Harmony this past may and on the Oasis in October....

There is better and not so great on each one....We loved the Rise and Tide Bar on the Harmony as there were many nice large comfortable seats there where the Oasis has the bar stools that really are quite uncomfortable. We hated the Bionic Bar on the Harmony, it was always empty...ok, people try it once and never again, and towards the last few days of the cruise it was always empty plus, the bionic bar would make your drink and it had spills, and people were confused how to use the iPads and make their drink, its such a big waste of space. The Oasis had the wonderful Champagne Bar where we always found ourselves going every now and then each day and it was a nice quaint place to go and you always ran into great people and had wonderful conversations especially with the bartenders too. We didn't use the solarium as I have lupus and need to stay out of the sun.

Harmony has Jamie's Italian and we did not like this place at all, its more of an Olive Garden, not true Italian food and the Oasis has Giovanni's, although I must say better than Jamie's but Giovanni's wasen't as good as it was years ago on the FOS and the LOS.

So to us, they both are ranked equal, we love the Champagne bar and we love the seating on the Rise and Tide which we find ourselves going there a few times each day.

My brother recently went on the harmony in he said the same thing about the bionic bar. He said drinks didn’t taste as good as the ones he got from live bartenders and it was a novelty. Fun to see once but that’s it. Glad to hear they still have breakfast dining near the solarium. We also used to like to have breakfast on the similar venue on Oasis sometimes as it seemed more tranquil. One thing I wish oil Caribbean had more of was outdoor covered areas where you could eat. Celebrity always has these and so does a couple of other lines we have sailed. We have eaten at Giovanni’s twice. Would never have gone back after our first experience however friends were with us on our second Oasis cruise and it was a little better service wise. Harmony sounds like it has some nice new features but I will miss the Diamond lounge not having any views at all If we go on Harmony. I know it is a very beautiful **** but not so sure I like the sleeker more minimalist styling. ( I have that issue with Celebrity ships, though I have enjoyed my cruises with them I generally am never pleased with the decor as much as I am with Royal Caribbean‘s or Princess’s.)

Thanks for answering my questions. I appreciate it.

On Oasis right now. There are over 200 D+ and over 500 D's on the ship. That's packing in almost 800 in the DL, the only concierge type lounge available except SL for full suites and Pinnacles.

It's nuts in there. Worst thing is the grouchy pax waiting in line for the coffee machine any time of the day. Horribly loud and busy in there for cocktail hour. Over flow in Blaze is quieter, but feels like a dungeon.

Have booked Harmony while on board. Not happy at all with the DL on that ship being even smaller. :o

Diamond lounge was much better positioned on Oasis it is now next to jazz on four deck four it's quite big with no windows.

Hot tubs near the solarium are indeed large and the sun bathing area fine by us.

The solarium bistro offers a very good breakfast not as vast as the Windjammer but usually much quieter and not such a bun fight.

Is this a recent change because when I sailed Oasis in April, '16 the D club was on deck 11 & 12th. If so, I'm disappointed.

It's still on deck 11 on Oasis and Allure. But I don't think the upstairs is currently being open as part of the D lounge. It wasn't on Allure recently.

Norwich Cruiser is stating that the D lounge on Oasis is on deck 4 next to the Jazz. Clarification. I remember that when I sailed Oasis in 2011 it was in Blaze.

Norwich Cruiser is stating that the D lounge on Oasis is on deck 4 next to the Jazz. Clarification. I remember that when I sailed Oasis in 2011 it was in Blaze.

It's confusing, but I think Norwich Cruiser was saying that the DL on Harmony was on deck 4, and it was much better positioned on Oasis.

Ok, I am different than some of the other posters.

We sailed on Harmony this time last year which was our first cruise on the Oasis class. We absolutely loved the ship and all of its features. Not having a pool in the Solarium was not a big deal to us. We enjoyed the hot tubs quite often and spent much time in the Solarium and had breakfast in the Bistro several times during the week. We loved the clams on the Harmony and we never felt like it was "hot" in that area as people said about the Solarium on Oasis. The only specialty restaurants we did were Chops on the first formal night. Our service and food was exceptional. We also loved Sabor and ate there several times during the week. The shows on Harmony were all excellent as well and the crew/staff were wonderful. We had a boardwalk balcony on deck 11 and we had perfect views of the ocean even with the Abyss. Some people have mentioned that they liked the Champagne bar on Oasis much better than the Bionic Bar on Harmony. We were the exact opposite with this. I only had one drink in the Champagne bar and would choose Boleros or On Air on the same deck instead. However, we spent a LOT of time at the Bionic bar on Harmony and enjoyed it immensely. We loved being able to make our own drink concoction and that the system would remember the drinks we ordered previously if we wanted them again. The ONLY issue with this bar is that it seemed to run out of mixers and items fast (so obviously people were spending lots of time there), and it would take quite some time for them to be replaced.

Now, this past May we sailed on Oasis and we were disappointed in it over the Harmony. The Solarium always felt hot to us and very little air circulating. We didn't eat in any specialty restaurants on the Oasis. The shows on Oasis were good, with the exception of Cats. It was very slow moving and my husband was so bored during the performance. It is also an extremely long show for a cruise ship, in my humble opinion. All in all, after the Oasis cruise we both decided that we would probably not do another cruise on that class of ship, but of the two...Harmony was our favorite. Freedom class remains our top pick when it comes to RCCL.

Is this a recent change because when I sailed Oasis in April, '16 the D club was on deck 11 & 12th. If so, I'm disappointed.

It still is as of our Nov 2017 cruise. But interesting that one of the deck plan maps on a wall adjacent to the D club showed that space on 11 and the library as Wonderland.

MrsKC08, Just a thought - I think baring a heat wave, you might not have found it so warm on the Oasis had you sailed at this time of year. You mentioned you were on that ship in May, which tends to be a little bit warmer in general I think. I still love the solariums they have on the ships like the Rhapsody, Grandeur, etc. and some of those older ships. They were very attractive, even having colored lighting effects at night and some type of a theme decor.

We were on Legend OTS about three years ago or so. Of course it is a smaller and older ship than the Oasis class. There was both a Diamond and a Diamond Plus Lounge. For the Diamond, they used a show room lounge – possibly called Explorers lounge. Most of those who showed up in the evening tended to congregate in little groups but the lounge was very large and seemed too oversized. Additionally, some people we met on board were D+. They, as well as a few others, stopped going to the D+ lounge because they said the regular D lounge had better hors d’oeuvres! I think the main draw was the very tasty chicken drummies which their lounge didn’t have, LOL.

With regard to the double decker D lounges, the upper story was not very pleasant. However the windows were nice if you were on the first floor. It could be very very crowded in there. I am speaking of the Oasis as I have not yet been on the Harmony but soon will be. As I mentioned in a post somewhere above, my husband and I both greatly preferred the D lounge that was originally on the Oasis. It overlooked the promenade. You could sit very comfortably on nice sofas,etc. Plus there were a few small tables on a balcony. Although the ship was pretty full in late February when we were on her both times, that lounge never seemed overcrowded when we would go there. We usually went around 7:30-ish. Maybe people had trouble finding it or something but the whole room was nicer in my opinion. But no matter. It’s still is nice to be able to get some free drinks and even nicer that Royal Caribbean got smart and began the three drink perk you can use at other bars during certain hours. Initially when the D Lounge used to be a small room, we were able to bring friends in with us. That was some years back. It’s awkward to be sailing with friends and not be able to have a drink with a friend in the special lounge, but I certainly understand that is a rule that must be in effect due to the sheer number of people. Fortunately the three drink perk really helps out in that regard. So I guess I will just be happy they have any sort of D lounge and go with the flow.

Maybe not what you're asking but I'll offer it anyway.....I very much dislike the decor on HOTS which is more like the Quantum class....Example...those tiny slivers in the cabin they call nightstands with no drawer's :eek::eek: