Harmony: Have you stored his scooter in a regilar sized-balcony cabin on this ship?

Wondering how we will be able to function with a scooter stashed in our Central Park Balcony cabin? While my husband walks without a cane, his walking is still impaired. He wears out easily as well. ESP since one leg is doing all the work. If the ship starts hitting rough weather I could see him losing his balance easily. Therefore I just about have him talked into renting a scooter for this cruise since the harmony is such a large ship. I think it will help him with stamina and speed up getting to certain venues. I can foresee the steward carts being a problem When someone has to get around one but hopefully there won’t be that much of an issue with them blocking the halls. I hope the elevators and aggressive people who want to get in one aren’t! If someone in your party has done this, please share any tips and state how/where you kept the scooter when you were in the cabin or not using it. Also did you have any problems finding places to park it at venues such as dining rooms or show rooms? My husband will just walk into those venues.

Thanks for any helpful info!

Yikes! Embarrassed by the mistakes in the title of this query. That is what I get for using Siri when I have to post from my phone!

I was told by the access department that the doors are 23 inches wide and that the scooter rental companies they recommend have scooters that fit through the doors of the cabins of the Oasis, Voyager and Freedom class ships. Also that the cabin would have space for a scooter, but I’ve had too much experience with incorrect info on various things from reps on various cruise lines so hoped to find out from someone with first-hand experience. Guess I will post on the disabled board but I thought I would have better luck on the Royal Caribbean boards since The question is in reference to Harmony. Thanks for replying anyway.

I would think that it would be easier to store in a cabin that has the bed by the balcony rather than having the bed by the closet. If you post your room number we will be able to tell you which configuration you have.

True. If the bed is by the closet rather than the balcony, it will be impossible to get a scooter in.

I had to rent a scooter as I broke my leg two weeks before our cruise. Fit through the door fine. Our room was an ocean balcony. Parked it between the couch and the closet. It was right but worked. No problems getting around the ship at all except for the elevators. Good luck!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Thanks for the help everyone. Sounds like we should at least be able to get the scooter into the cabin. I have seen both configurations online when I have looked up photos of Central Park balcony rooms. Of course many times what pops are boardwalk balcony rooms mixed in. Same goes for outside so it’s difficult to actually be. I know we are on portside on deck 11 about six or seven cabins forward from the division between the boardwalk area forward toward Central Park. I know rising tide bar is below us.

Thanks for the help everyone. Sounds like we should at least be able to get the scooter into the cabin. I have seen both configurations online when I have looked up photos of Central Park balcony rooms. Of course many times what pops are boardwalk balcony rooms mixed in. Same goes for outside so it’s difficult to actually be. I know we are on portside on deck 11 about six or seven cabins forward from the division between the boardwalk area forward toward Central Park. I know rising tide bar is below us.

The cabins alternate between having the bed by the balcony and the bed by the closet. If you tell us your cabin number we can tell you where the bed is located. If you had a cabin with the bed by the closet you could probably change your cabin to one with the bed by the balcony. You would need to do this now though as once you are onboard the ship the chances of their bring another room available are slim to none.

I would double check the door sizes you were given. I was told the doors were 28 inches. I have 2 scooters. One is the GoGo elite traveler and the other is a Full size Revo. Neither one will fit threw a 23 in opening. I have worked with the scooter company that furnishes scooters to the cruise line. They are wonderful. I have never had a problem at any venue. Having a scooter improved my cruise experience ten fold. We have never had a regular balcony so I can't help there.

Our cabin is 11243. There are not a lot of our type of cabins left on the deck we want to be on. Definitely want to avoid deck 14. Too much noise floating down from the deck above. I did ask about where we would park to scooter if the bed was close to the entry of the cabin and was assured that it could accommodate a scooter. Perhaps we’d have to jump over the scooter to get into the cabin but that’s a different matter, LOL. I was on a 5 day cruise on the Crown Princess a couple of weeks ago. My husband decided not to go at the last minute and I took my ex sister-in-law. However I had initially tried to get him to rent a scooter and had called about the size of the doors on that ship. Even though the doors were 22 inches wide, I was assured a scooter would fit through them by the company I was referred to for the scooter. The doors on that ship were supposed to be 22 inches wide. Oddly some of the scooters are 22 inches wide so I guess one definitely has to be careful and not get a real large one.. I saw people with scooters but don’t know what type of cabin They had. Ran across something a few days ago online and they listed Royal Caribbean’s large ships as being the best for that sort of thing.

Our cabin is 11243. There are not a lot of our type of cabins left on the deck we want to be on. Definitely want to avoid deck 14. Too much noise floating down from the deck above. I did ask about where we would park to scooter if the bed was close to the entry of the cabin and was assured that it could accommodate a scooter. Perhaps we’d have to jump over the scooter to get into the cabin but that’s a different matter, LOL. I was on a 5 day cruise on the Crown Princess a couple of weeks ago. My husband decided not to go at the last minute and I took my ex sister-in-law. However I had initially tried to get him to rent a scooter and had called about the size of the doors on that ship. Even though the doors were 22 inches wide, I was assured a scooter would fit through them by the company I was referred to for the scooter. The doors on that ship were supposed to be 22 inches wide. Oddly some of the scooters are 22 inches wide so I guess one definitely has to be careful and not get a real large one.. I saw people with scooters but don’t know what type of cabin They had. Ran across something a few days ago online and they listed Royal Caribbean’s large ships as being the best for that sort of thing.

I'm fairly certain that your cabin has the bed by the balcony so as long as it fits through the door you should be good.

Ken, where does one look to find that information? I was hesitant to even call Royal Caribbean and relying on what they said. When I spoke to a rep about the wheelchair I mentioned being concerned about the furniture placement but the person I spoke with didn’t seem to have any idea of what that would be like. I may give it a shot though. Thanks for the info!

Ken, where does one look to find that information? I was hesitant to even call Royal Caribbean and relying on what they said. When I spoke to a rep about the wheelchair I mentioned being concerned about the furniture placement but the person I spoke with didn’t seem to have any idea of what that would be like. I may give it a shot though. Thanks for the info!

Look at a deck plan and find cabins that are connecting. The cabin on the left as you enter the cabin will have the bed by the bathroom. The cabin on the right will have the bed by the balcony. This pattern will repeat with every pair of cabins.

Look at a deck plan and find cabins that are connecting. The cabin on the left as you enter the cabin will have the bed by the bathroom. The cabin on the right will have the bed by the balcony. This pattern will repeat with every pair of cabins.

Bob, the block of cabins that they are in doesn't have any connecting cabins nor does it gave any quad cabins in order to get a starting point.

The group of cabins though is 14 cabins long which leads me to believe that there would be 7 pairs, thus still making it possible to determine bed location.

Wondering what your thoughts are?

I can't imagine anyone that you would get on the phone at Royal knowing how to determine bed location on the ships.

Bob, the block of cabins that they are in doesn't have any connecting cabins nor does it gave any quad cabins in order to get a starting point.

The group of cabins though is 14 cabins long which leads me to believe that there would be 7 pairs, thus still making it possible to determine bed location.

Wondering what your thoughts are?

Really cannot say for sure, just a guess, but I'd go with your thought that the section is composed of 7 pairs. I thought the two C1's might constitute a pair, buf if you look at starboard farther forward, there.s a C1 connected to 11575 (not sure what cat), so that theory does not hold.

Wondering how we will be able to function with a scooter stashed in our Central Park Balcony cabin? While my husband walks without a cane, his walking is still impaired. He wears out easily as well. ESP since one leg is doing all the work. If the ship starts hitting rough weather I could see him losing his balance easily. Therefore I just about have him talked into renting a scooter for this cruise since the harmony is such a large ship. I think it will help him with stamina and speed up getting to certain venues. I can foresee the steward carts being a problem When someone has to get around one but hopefully there won’t be that much of an issue with them blocking the halls. I hope the elevators and aggressive people who want to get in one aren’t! If someone in your party has done this, please share any tips and state how/where you kept the scooter when you were in the cabin or not using it. Also did you have any problems finding places to park it at venues such as dining rooms or show rooms? My husband will just walk into those venues.

Thanks for any helpful info!

I rented a large Scooter for a cruise last June on the Anthem of the Seas and contacted the line to see if it would fit in the balcony room they said it would but it didn't. So what we ended up doing was notifying house keeping every evening to pick up the scooter when we were done and have it delivered by a certain time. they usually left it in an area that was wider so I had to walk a little bit to it. Anthem was big and Harmony is bigger I will be renting again.

dphotonet, quite annoying I am sure. Good of you to post your experience so the rest of us can be aware. Would you happen to know the dimensions of your scooter?

My husband is 6’3” And I recall the lady at the scooter rental company telling me about a scooter that was longer - for tall people with long legs - that might be difficult to store in an inside cabin on a Princess ship. However she explained that the scooter was still 22 inches wide. I know the doors on that ship were supposedly 22 inches wide. Some said they were able to get the same type of scooter into the cabin. In the end my DH decided not to rent one anyway.

I’m glad housekeeping was able to help you out. My husband hates dealing with any type of extra annoyance. (He is impatient for one thing.) I think he is going to agree to rent the scooter, but if there are any issues like the one you had, I will never hear the end of it!

Our cabin is only about seven cabins from an elevator bank. What I am worried about is the steward carts in the hallways. Hopefully that won’t happen too often or at all. Sometimes I know the carts are sitting in the hallways although there doesn’t seem to be a steward anywhere around. My husband’s biggest worry is getting onto elevators. He fears people will be anxious and hurry on blocking his entrance. What was your experience in that regard?