Allure

SeanHoll

Are you talking about Royal iQ? I downloaded it, but it doesn’t show available on the Allure yet. It’s possible the app hasn’t been updated.

I will be on the Allure next week, so I can come back and let you know.

I hope it won't be used to open doors! One rooted phone and someone with bad attentions could do some harm. Not to mention, the locks would need to be replaced, which takes time. Maybe during drydock. But still, I think it's better to keep a physical key rather than use a phone.

Sailed 11/26 to 12/3 on the Allure, and the new app was pretty much useless. Currently, it's just a digital version of the cruise compass and deck plans. But it's woefully inaccurate based on our experience. It only has some of the activities listed in the day by day guide, not all of them. Many times the information didn't match the paper Cruise Compass. More troubling, it had the wrong all aboard time at our first stop in Nassau (app listed 2:30, but it was actually 12:30). It also had us arriving at Labadee at 8 a.m. on Day 4... except we were actually arriving in St. Thomas at 1 p.m.

Besides that, it is supposed to work via the ship's wifi for free (no package needed). We didn't purchase any internet, and found very often the app wouldn't connect (it gave a generic error stating such), or if it did, it wouldn't show the daily planner information, just the deck plans. We found if you backed out to the choose your ship/date screen, that would sometimes correct the issue, but not always.

At this point, based on our experience (two different android phones with the same poor results), I would say it isn't even worth downloading.

Sailed 11/26 to 12/3 on the Allure, and the new app was pretty much useless. Currently, it's just a digital version of the cruise compass and deck plans. But it's woefully inaccurate based on our experience. It only has some of the activities listed in the day by day guide, not all of them. Many times the information didn't match the paper Cruise Compass. More troubling, it had the wrong all aboard time at our first stop in Nassau (app listed 2:30, but it was actually 12:30). It also had us arriving at Labadee at 8 a.m. on Day 4... except we were actually arriving in St. Thomas at 1 p.m.

Besides that, it is supposed to work via the ship's wifi for free (no package needed). We didn't purchase any internet, and found very often the app wouldn't connect (it gave a generic error stating such), or if it did, it wouldn't show the daily planner information, just the deck plans. We found if you backed out to the choose your ship/date screen, that would sometimes correct the issue, but not always.

At this point, based on our experience (two different android phones with the same poor results), I would say it isn't even worth downloading.

Maybe this is why or maybe the app is truly worth little? ......

Compatibility: Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.

Maybe this is why or maybe the app is truly worth little? ......

Compatibility: Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.

Not sure, but it's available via Google Play so it's obviously being marketed for Android devices as well. Our phones are both up to date, and we were running the latest version as downloaded while we were on the ship.

Not sure, but it's available via Google Play so it's obviously being marketed for Android devices as well. Our phones are both up to date, and we were running the latest version as downloaded while we were on the ship.

Yah, I didn't know you you got it on Google Play. I followed Clarea's link above and it lead to the I-tunes store and had the requirements listed that I posted. The one you have must be for Android phones. It is probably just a crappy app.