Our first Royal Carribean Cruise Review (Harmony)

widdo1234

Hi,

My wife and I have just returned from a back to back carribean cruise on Harmony of the seas. Here is a quick review from our first time sailing with the company...

*First impressions*

First views on arrival is hugely impressive, the size is something else, mainly the width. The purple slides at the back stand out and really make it unique. The layout appeared to be very well set out.

*Dining*

1 word, Busy.

The windjammer is mayhem. No organisation and average food, only used this during the daytime. The main dining room food is of very high quality, however the organisation isn't the best. Surely there is a better way of letting the front desk know what and when tables are available without big queues?

We didn't dine anywhere else.

*Balcony stateroom*

Basic, but comfortable, no iron is very annoying, especially since you can bring hair straighteners or a lighter. Very comfy bed. Easily heard the couple next door (honeymoon couple for a guess):p

*Entertainment*

This is where the ship excels in my opinion, all the acts are top class. The daytime entertainment round the pool is very lively and obviously attracts a lot more younger people then other cruise lines. Grease was possibly the best show I have seen. 1887 was also very entertaining.

*Shore Excursions*

We did the Everglades boat tour, this was on day 8 and returning to the ship. Very enjoyable and well ran.

St Thomas secret sands was not worth $44pp. Basic beach with nothing to do, also the most uncomfortable journey ever.

We then did the Miami hop on hop off tour with miami airport return. $64pp this was an absolute joke. The excursions team failed to tell us half the route was closed due to the Art Basel Festival. Due to this the busses ran every 60 mins rather then 30 mins. We got on the open top bus at 0930 and at 1100 the guide said we haven't got time for anymore as we need to be back at main station for 1200 to leave for 1300. We were sat in the rain for 60 mins only to get a transfer to Miami int on an open top bus. And our bags were UNATTENDED at the airport!!! Not very security conscious. Everyone in the excursion was fuming and I have already submitted a complaint as I refuse to pay.

*Prices*

Not cheap.

Drinks are extortionate. We have the deluxe beverage package which was a must. Excursion prices are also very high. We wanted to do so much more at labadee but they really were laughable. Obviously people have to much money it seemed though.

*Conclusion*

Impressive ship, however we won't return to this ship. Mainly for just how hectically busy it was.

My opinion there was 1000 people to many on board. Total of 6089 guests. It really felt full. Also so many rude people, no manners was regular.

We are hopeful of trying Quantem class next year to see if this is less busy for us.

Thankyou for reading

Carl (30) & Sue (29)

Nottingham (England)

You should check out doing a transatlantic on one of the big ships. We have done Oasis in the Caribbean and agree with your assessment. Have done the Oasis and Allure transatlantic and found them to carry 1500 less passengers, mostly less kids. Have the Symphony of the Seas 2018 transatlantic booked out of Barcelona and are expecting to find it a uncrowded 12 day relaxing cruise. happy cruising