When is the best time of year to do a Panama Canal Cruise?

helenkpa

My husband and I are seriously thinking of going on a Panamal Canal cruise next year. All the info on these boards really makes me want to do this cruise.

What would be the best time of year to go? I was thinking of the end of April...any thoughts?

My husband and I are seriously thinking of going on a Panamal Canal cruise next year. All the info on these boards really makes me want to do this cruise.

What would be the best time of year to go? I was thinking of the end of April...any thoughts?

Just my two cents worth, but here are some things to think about:

1) A full transit or a partial transit? Repositioning cruise (ships heading for Alaska or elsewhere for the Summer)?

2) Budget?

3) How long do you have?

4) Do you want to avoid children? If so, stay clear of holidays and Spring Break.

5) Weather? Wet vs. dry and hurricane season must factor in.

6) What ports do you want to visit?

7) What cruise line do you like? If this is your first cruise, what cruise line fits your style?

All that being said, we really enjoyed our December cruise on the Coral Princess. The ship is beautiful and the itinerary could not be beaten -a nice balance of sea days and interesting ports and (for us) 10 days was the perfect length.

This will be our third cruise with Celebrity. I was thinking of a 11 or 12 day cruise which leaves from Galveston TX and is a partial transit.

We do not want to go over the holidays and I do not want to go when it is unbearable hot, and do not want to go during hurricane season.

Budget is no problem, but my husband is self employed so we are trying to stay away from a 15 day cruise...at least at this time.

We did a partial transit r/t from Fll in Feb. and the weather was perfect. It was not hot and humid. No crowds either. It was on the Coral Princess, 10 day.

marilyn

Archived