Oceania Excursion list not displaying correcly (cost not correct either)?

GeezerCouple

After the website snafus over the weekend, I went to confirm an excursion.

It had been in the "booked" per the date/port, but in the Cart, it wasn't confirmed or paid for yet.

Suddenly, upon looking, it shows a $0.00 price, whereas we should be paying the regular price.

I tried to confirm, and then pay, and the $0.00 stayed.

It turned out that I paid 2 x $0.00 to the charge card.

We've now got confirmation of the excursion.

However, everywhere, *including* on the confirmation (which lists the excursion by name, for each of us), it states, "None Selected" under Selected Tour Package.

Under that, it states the proper name of the excursion.

At the bottom is what appears to be a correct "Tour Description".

But the "Date and Time" is in a foreign language (Google translate indicates the date is in Portuguese).

We are in the USA, and not using a VPN... nothing obscuring our location/identity.

Do we have confirmed excursions? Could we lose these places?

Will we be charged the real amount later?

We don't tend to book cruise ship excursions, so this process is new to us. Nevertheless, it doesn't seem right, to put it mildly.

???

Yes, we'll call Oceania tomorrow, but... should we proceed to book another excursion, or is this all snafu'd up?

We had previously booked our 4 specialty dinner reservations, and those still show.

Thanks.

ETA: Uh oh... the emailed confirmation has all of the information, but the list of excursion name, code, description, etc., is all blank. Cost is still $0.00 - on ONE email. The other email has both, but with full descriptions, still $0.00 AND THE WRONG EXCURSION. (It's one we wanted, but is showing sold out. Huh!?)

GC

Edited by GeezerCouple

I would just call

It needs to be sorted by O

Hopefully you get the excursion you wanted

Did you choose the O Life excursion perk??

I suspect the Portuguese might be the programmer I have seen it in the find a cruise section before

just guessing

I would just call

It needs to be sorted by O

Hopefully you get the excursion you wanted

Did you choose the O Life excursion perk??

I suspect the Portuguese might be the programmer I have seen it in the find a cruise section before

just guessing

Thanks. Yes, we'll definitely call tomorrow, as we've kept realizing the information is more snafu'd than we had initially realized.

No, we don't have O Life or anything else.

We took the least expensive category, no air, no excursions, no booze, etc.

We usually prefer to book our own private excursions, although we've occasionally booked one from the cruise line (and this time, we were considering two of them... and we now have no idea what we've got!). And we prefer to spend our booze money on nice bottles of wine, and perhaps a drink at sailaway :)

And we either purchase cheap JetBlue tix to Florida, or use awards for overseas air travel. Either way, we keep control of the air reservations, etc.

So... did the software switch us to some sort of "included" category?

I guess we'll find out tomorrow.

It would be great if we really do have *both* of the excursions we wanted for this cruise, but it might turn our that we actually have none!

It's just... peculiar.

GC

My Account page looks exactly as it did before, including all the booked excursions. But, I read a post that said that OBC is now listed....I can't find that anywhere in My Account.

Only for cruises after a certain date. May 1 2019 I think I read in another thread.

Thanks. Yes, we'll definitely call tomorrow, as we've kept realizing the information is more snafu'd than we had initially realized.

No, we don't have O Life or anything else.

We took the least expensive category, no air, no excursions, no booze, etc.

We usually prefer to book our own private excursions, although we've occasionally booked one from the cruise line (and this time, we were considering two of them... and we now have no idea what we've got!). And we prefer to spend our booze money on nice bottles of wine, and perhaps a drink at sailaway :)

And we either purchase cheap JetBlue tix to Florida, or use awards for overseas air travel. Either way, we keep control of the air reservations, etc.

So... did the software switch us to some sort of "included" category?

I guess we'll find out tomorrow.

It would be great if we really do have *both* of the excursions we wanted for this cruise, but it might turn our that we actually have none!

It's just... peculiar.

GC

I'd just turn it over to my TA. You are using one, right?

If you plan on doing at least as many excursions through the ship as Olife offers you might be doing yourself a disservice by not taking it. Especially if you're the type that likes to get the best value for your dollar.

I'd just turn it over to my TA. You are using one, right?

If you plan on doing at least as many excursions through the ship as Olife offers you might be doing yourself a disservice by not taking it. Especially if you're the type that likes to get the best value for your dollar.

Hmmm.... would two excursions (not particularly expensive ones) make the difference worthwhile? This will be the first time we've done two (IF we actually have the excursion that's apparently sold out).

When we've had the full "booze package" on other lines as a freebie (it happens!), then we've occasionally had another "drink" or so along the way.

If we want that very occasional cocktail, we'd just pay and not worry about it.

But the excursions do cost more than a drink ;)

I'll go back and double check about which category, but it might be too late to change, as it's past final payment now (?). I doubt it would make a huge difference, since we wouldn't want anything else that's "included" for a higher price.

We'll take another look at the next two reservations we have, to double check, though I don't think there are two excursions that we'd want to take on either. Maybe one on one, and none of the other for those specific itineraries.

And yes, we are among those who like to get the best value for our dollar :D

Thanks very much!

GC

You can take the Olife without air. You have a choice of one of 3 perks. Basic beverage package, OBC or Excursions. The amount of OBC and number of excursions vary by length of cruise. You can select any excursion up to $199, or ones that are not OE or OS.

You just look at the cost difference between cruise only and cruise with Olife and no air. If the excursions you would take are more than the cost to get Olife then you come out ahead.

You can take the Olife without air. You have a choice of one of 3 perks. Basic beverage package, OBC or Excursions. The amount of OBC and number of excursions vary by length of cruise. You can select any excursion up to $199, or ones that are not OE or OS.

You just look at the cost difference between cruise only and cruise with Olife and no air. If the excursions you would take are more than the cost to get Olife then you come out ahead.

When we made the initial choice, it was just about even between taking the OBC or not taking anything, meaning it would save us the amount of the OBC not to take the OBC.

So we figured, we might as well keep that OBC-value, and spend it however we wanted.

Chances were good we'd spend it on board, but if we managed to purchase some wine in Miami, then we might not use that much OBC. We hadn't at that time expected to do any ship excursions.

I'm pretty sure the two excursions we'd want don't add up to nearly enough from my recollection.

And yes we use a TA.

But to sort out just which excursions we have or don't have, or to show what our printed out documentation "shows", going "through" a TA would just add cooks to the soup, etc.

We generally tend to prefer to "doing it ourselves", but we don't want to forgo any TA perks, etc., or not take advantage of any assistance they *can* offer :)

Thanks again!

GC

OP: I've been in correspondence with Mike Moore of O's IT dept.

you are not the only person affected by the "excursions" and other glitches of the new website. Mike assured me that they are working on straightening it out. In the meantime, hang on to any "cart" and/or credit card payment receipts just to be on the safe side.

OP: I've been in correspondence with Mike Moore of O's IT dept.

you are not the only person affected by the "excursions" and other glitches of the new website. Mike assured me that they are working on straightening it out. In the meantime, hang on to any "cart" and/or credit card payment receipts just to be on the safe side.

Oh, thanks so much!

It was - IS - just so strange.

Let's hope that we've really got the two that we want!

Yes, I've printed pdf's of what showed, even though they were showing in the wrong places.

But good to know "it's not just us" ;)

Who does their SW QA testing before releasing it to the public/customers!??

(That's what I did in a previous life, for both SW and HW changes, during time out from academe. It's impossible to debug for every possible combination of SW and HW on the user interface, but this...!? It shouldn't be this messy for the end users. No way. And the totally blank pages, over the weekend, seen by lots of customers? Really!? Just a few users testing should have found that one fast. Sorry - taking off my QA hat now...)

Well... I'll find out tomorrow.

Thanks again.

GC

Oh, thanks so much!

It was - IS - just so strange.

Let's hope that we've really got the two that we want!

Yes, I've printed pdf's of what showed, even though they were showing in the wrong places.

But good to know "it's not just us" ;)

Who does their SW QA testing before releasing it to the public/customers!??

(That's what I did in a previous life, for both SW and HW changes, during time out from academe. It's impossible to debug for every possible combination of SW and HW on the user interface, but this...!? It shouldn't be this messy for the end users. No way. And the totally blank pages, over the weekend, seen by lots of customers? Really!? Just a few users testing should have found that one fast. Sorry - taking off my QA hat now...)

Well... I'll find out tomorrow.

Thanks again.

GC

Also, through your TA (or O if you booked direct), get the most recent version of your Oceania invoice. That will have correct information on various purchases, payments and perks (though non-refundable OBC added by your TA may not appear until very close to (or at) embarkation). Whatever the case, get lol promised perks in print from O and from TA.