Which ship do you like more, Jade or Pearl?

FSU Girl

We have been on the Jade 3 times and the Pearl twice. Prefer the atrium screen and bar area on the Pearl and the nightclub venue on the Jade. The night club on the Pearl is just decorated strangely. Everything else is the same on the two ships. We like port intensive itineraries with fewer sea days.

We like both. The atrium on the Pearl has bar stools by the bar and it makes it easier to socialize. The Jade has tables and chairs. The Jade has Bliss lounge mid ship and they have activities there that are held in the atrium on the Pearl which makes the Jade quieter. As for sea days I like the idea of being able to get off the ship almost each day (depending on where it docks of course!) but you might like more sea days. If I had to pick I would pick the Pearl for reasons that probably wouldn't apply to you. We get the same cabin on both ships and we like the furniture and color scheme better on the Pearl. So you really can't go wrong with either.

I normally don’t mind sea days, but I’ve never sailed on Norwegian before so it makes me a little nervous in case I don’t like the ship.

These are the two itineraries:

On the Pearl:

CRUISE PORTS EMBARK Amsterdam (Netherlands); Edinburgh (Newhaven) (Scotland); Inverness (Invergordon)(Scotland); Bergen (Norway); Flam (Norway); Hellesylt(Norway); Geiranger (Norway); Belfast (Northern Ireland); Dublin (Ireland); Le Havre (Paris) (France); Tilbury (London)(England); Brussels / Bruges (Zeebrugge) (Belgium); DISEMBARK Amsterdam (Netherlands)

This is the Jade:

CRUISE PORTS EMBARK Rome (Civitavecchia) (Italy); Santorini (Greece); Athens (Piraeus) (Greece); Mykonos(Greece); Rhodes (Greece); Chania, Crete (Greece); Valletta(Malta); Messina (Sicily) (Italy); Naples (Italy); Florence/Pisa (Livorno) (Italy); DISEMBARK Rome (Civitavecchia) (Italy)

Particularly since they were both refitted recently the differences are subtle at best. Both are beautiful ships... The itinerary should drive you, neither vessel will swing it one way or the other IMHO. I think if we teleported you into the middle of both it would take you 3 days to figure out which was which and even then if we spun you around three times you'd be confused again.

We love sea says... but we've been most places so it's more about the R&R recharge time for us. If you want ports, then less so.

I normally don’t mind sea days, but I’ve never sailed on Norwegian before so it makes me a little nervous in case I don’t like the ship.

These are the two itineraries:

On the Pearl:

CRUISE PORTSEMBARKAmsterdam (Netherlands); Edinburgh (Newhaven) (Scotland); Inverness (Invergordon)(Scotland); Bergen (Norway); Flam (Norway); Hellesylt(Norway); Geiranger (Norway); Belfast (Northern Ireland); Dublin (Ireland); Le Havre (Paris) (France); Tilbury (London)(England); Brussels / Bruges (Zeebrugge) (Belgium); DISEMBARKAmsterdam (Netherlands)

This is the Jade:

CRUISE PORTSEMBARKRome (Civitavecchia) (Italy); Santorini (Greece); Athens (Piraeus) (Greece); Mykonos(Greece); Rhodes (Greece); Chania, Crete (Greece); Valletta(Malta); Messina (Sicily) (Italy); Naples (Italy); Florence/Pisa (Livorno) (Italy); DISEMBARKRome (Civitavecchia) (Italy)

Based on the itineraries, Jade, no question.

You shouldn't even be asking about the ships, since they are sister ships, and very similar. Those 2 itineraries are so completely different, that is what should be your decision maker. Both a port intensive. Where do YOU want to go?

I want to do both lol. I’ve never been to any of the places on the Pearl and about half on the Jade. My fiancé hasn’t been to any of them. The only downside to the Pearl one is that they leave on a Saturday instead of Sunday so we’d need to take one more day off from work so we aren’t flying in on the day of the cruise

The Pearl was fine as a ship, but it is the crew that makes or breaks it and I have no real desire to take the Pearl again. Kids pool two tables away from the smoking area. I don't smoke, but those I was with were getting grief. Unruly unaccompanied children in hot tubs just told to settle down instead of get out. These were maybe 8 to 12 year olds. Cruise director was boring. Party time on the deck was getting people to do aerobics. The Dawn was a great cruise.

The Pearl was fine as a ship, but it is the crew that makes or breaks it and I have no real desire to take the Pearl again. Kids pool two tables away from the smoking area. I don't smoke, but those I was with were getting grief. Unruly unaccompanied children in hot tubs just told to settle down instead of get out. These were maybe 8 to 12 year olds. Cruise director was boring. Party time on the deck was getting people to do aerobics. The Dawn was a great cruise.

The crew of a ship definitely can change how the cruise feels. I really like the ports for the Pearl cruise, but we don't think it will realistically work because we'd need to ask for more time off with the cruise leaving on a Saturday so looks like Jade is going to win lol