Embarkation Day Wedding?

Hello everyone!! I am new to this board in hopes of finding some answers! clear.png?emoji-smile-1742

My fiancé and I have been looking at cruise weddings for a long time, I think since we first got engaged because we both have large families, lol. We don't want everyone there but there are some we do want there that we know won't be able to cruise with us for a week. It's a lot to ask for.

We live in NJ so we can do the Embarkation Day Wedding with RCCL right at Cape Liberty. It won't be until 2020 so we have a lot of time but I just needed to start doing some research before I make my final decision. I am not a planner and don't even wan't to plan my own wedding, is that terrible? I've seen a lot of pros and cons about it but not really any actual stories from people who have done it. Is there anyone here that would like to share with me their experiences, prices, and maybe some photos?! It would truly help us out. Thanks in advanced everyone! ❤️

• 1 month later...

I'm doing an embarkation day wedding, on NCL Escape. We're getting married over Memorial Day Weekend, so we're just over 90 days away.

I think RCCL and NCL use the same wedding planner company, Royal Ocean Events. I've been working with Tiffany there, and so far she has been great at replying to emails and answering any of our questions as they come up.

Some basic details: We're getting married while the ship is docked in NYC, before it sails to Bermuda. Currently, we're at about 55 guests, with 12-14 of those sailing on the cruise. We booked a hotel block in Queens the night before the wedding and we're having a little welcome party there since most people are coming in from out of town and the wedding reception is very short for embarkation day weddings. (Why Queens? Because booking event space in Manhattan was SUPER expensive. It was more cost effective to book the hotel in queens and hire a shuttle bus to bring everyone from the hotel to the cruise terminal)

I'll be posting a full recap after the wedding. Let me know if you have any questions in the meanwhile!

• 1 month later...
I'm doing an embarkation day wedding, on NCL Escape. We're getting married over Memorial Day Weekend, so we're just over 90 days away.

I think RCCL and NCL use the same wedding planner company, Royal Ocean Events. I've been working with Tiffany there, and so far she has been great at replying to emails and answering any of our questions as they come up.

Some basic details: We're getting married while the ship is docked in NYC, before it sails to Bermuda. Currently, we're at about 55 guests, with 12-14 of those sailing on the cruise. We booked a hotel block in Queens the night before the wedding and we're having a little welcome party there since most people are coming in from out of town and the wedding reception is very short for embarkation day weddings. (Why Queens? Because booking event space in Manhattan was SUPER expensive. It was more cost effective to book the hotel in queens and hire a shuttle bus to bring everyone from the hotel to the cruise terminal)

I'll be posting a full recap after the wedding. Let me know if you have any questions in the meanwhile!

Can't wait to hear about your wedding and your experience!!!

• 2 weeks later...

We had an embarkation day wedding 6 years ago (yikes, where did the time go?) and it was great! I have a link to my review in my signature. We had 15 sailing guests and 6 non sailing guests. I loved not having to plan every little detail, and it really was a good fit for us.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...

I’m an embarkation day wedding on the NCL Escape in July. We have 24 guests, all sailing with us so it should be a fun week. I’ve found the planning to be simplified which is exactly what I was going for, even with a switch in my planner 2 months out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Did you originally have Tiffany also? I've had a slightly more difficult time since we we're switched to a different planner.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Yes, I had Tiffany and now I have Devyn. I’m sort of having to go back and pick a lot of things all over again because it is turning out Tiffany didn’t put everything we discussed through and some things she told me were not accurate.

Your wedding is really soon right? That sucks you are having trouble now - nobody needs that extra stress.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 2 months later...
My embarkation wedding is in June out of Baltimore. I’ll be looking forward to hear your experience! Congratulations!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I'm looking to have an embarkation wedding on the Pride out of Baltimore. How was your experience?

• 2 weeks later...
I am getting married on Nov 4, 2018 on embarkation day on Carnival Pride, so I am interested in reading all of your posts!

I hope your wedding planning is going well! I am considering an Oct. 2019 embarkation wedding on the Pride out of Baltimore - any insight on your planning experience so far?