4k cabins on Carnival Legend

BJs mom

Anyone been in a 4k cabin, especially looking for information on cabin 4111 on the Legend. Does it have a view at all or just the lifeboat? Would you book one again? Been in an ov, inside, balcony and extended balcony but this is a new experience for us. Thanks for any information.

Thanks so much, really appreciate the picture.

You're welcome. You scored with that cabin being located between lifeboats. We have stayed in those often. Your cabin is above the Hollywood Boulevard Upper Promenade on Deck 3 ( Atlantic Deck ) which should be quiet during normal sleeping hours so that's a plus as well. You will enjoy fresh air and natural light for little more than a regular interior price. I wish all classes of Carnival ships had 4k's.

Edited by sanmarcosman

Many thanks again, now I'm not only looking forward to our Alaska cruise but the cabin as well. So grateful to cruisers like you who are willing to share so much helpful information.

• 1 month later...

I booked an Alaska cruise sort of last minute, maybe a month before sailing. Had just booked an inside cabin, but a 4k opened up. Granted, it was not one of these prime ones with any sort of view. But hey, an inside cabin with an opening "window" some light and fresh air. What could be better, especially for the price. I had a view of the lifeboat and I was still thrilled.

• 1 month later...
I've booked 4131 for May, and looking at the deck plan, I assume it is similar to this as well. Thank you for posting this.

Unfortunately, 4131 is not between the lifeboats, so you won't have a view like in the picture. But, you will still have daylight, which is a step above a regular interior.

Unfortunately, 4131 is not between the lifeboats, so you won't have a view like in the picture. But, you will still have daylight, which is a step above a regular interior.

They'll have to crane a little to the right and the view will not be centered as in that photo but still some view and not all the side of a life boat.

deck4.gif

My guess is, no view at all in 4131. I was in 4155, which looks identical to me for position of the lifeboat in relation to the cabin. No view of anything, unless you climbed up and half way leaned out the window to look around the lifeboat. My brother could do it, but not me as I was recovering from a recent back surgery.

I still thought it was a great thing though, having access to fresh air and light.

Watch the video that yogibear posted. There is NO view to be had from that room.

I watched and you can't see what view is available in that video. The camera never gets close to the doors.

I'm curious to know how often you have stayed in a 4k. I have cruised in 6 - 4ks on three different Spirit class vessels, all between lifeboats.

I've sailed in 4K cabins quite a lot, and although it's nice to get a little view between the boats, it's not necessary for an enjoyable cruise. For me, the fresh air, sunlight, and smell of the seas makes the 4K a winner, with, or without the view. Enjoy your 4K cabin. ;p

For those previous 4K cruisers, did you have a problem with your rooms smelling like cigarette smoke? I know that Deck 3 starboard has smoking areas and we are in Cabin 4201. I am a little worried now about my cabin selection!

• 1 month later...

Just got off the Legend and wanted to share a picture of the view of my room-4196, because I know this is a topic that comes up a lot. It is a 4K quad. We usually always get balconies but decided to go with this type of room to save more money for excursions and Cheers. I was so worried I would regret my decision..but we loved the room! We could still open the doors to feel the crisp Alaska air and here is a pic I snapped sitting at the edge of my bed...f56431894691f99a20e167032bd1a0a6.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I am curious if you get disturbed when they need to do life boat drills or anything like that? Thanks.

Funny, you should ask that because they did have a drill! It was a port day but we were back on ship when it happened. It was really neat to watch them lower them and then we had an awesome view for a couple hours. We did have a man right outside our window for about 5 minutes but the kids thought it was hysterical! It did not bother us at all and it was only that one time.