Queen Elizabeth in Australia 2019

babs135

So, having virtually decided on Alaska for 2019 DH has thrown the proverbial 'curved ball' in the air and suggested Australia. I don't actually mind as I/we love the place and its a while since we last visited but....

I've run into a problem.

Attempting to price it against Alaska we would want to go Southampton to Sydney (the 1st time as I suspect we couldn't manage the extra cost of the 2 visits) but I can't find the trip offered anywhere. Southampton to Melbourne is the closest I can get. She definitely visits Sydney on 20th February and 4th March so why is no one offering Southampton to Sydney? Really puzzled.

I suspect the answer to your question may be that QE is doing a couple of round trip segments within Australia in Feb, 2019 before she reaches Sydney. There is an Adelaide-Adelaide segment for Feb 8-Feb 13 and a Melbourne-Melbourne segment for Feb 10-Feb 17 before she proceeds to Sydney on Feb 20.

From what I am seeing online, it would be possible to book the full 48 night Southampton-Sydney voyage (Jan 3-Feb 20, 2019) as three separate segments in several different ways. Here are a couple of the possibilities.

Voyage Q902B: Southampton-Adelaide, Jan 3-Feb 8, 2019 (36 nights)

Voyage Q904C: Adelaide-Adelaide, Feb 8-Feb 13, 2019 (5 nights)

Voyage Q905C: Adelaide-Sydney, Feb 13-Feb 20, 2019 (7 nights)

or

Voyage Q902C: Southampton-Melbourne, Jan 3-Feb 10, 2019 (38 nights)

Voyage Q905: Melbourne-Melbourne, Feb 10-Feb 17, 2019 (7 nights)

Voyage Q906: Melbourne-Sydney, Feb 17-Feb 20, 2019 (3 nights)

Hope this helps some.

John

Thanks John. We will be on the Queen Elizabeth in January so it might be worth having a word with the people in the future bookings department. Could all come down to price (doesn't it always).

Sounds like a good plan. Working with Cunard (or a travel agent) would be advisable especially on an itinerary like this involving three separate segments. For what it's worth, I am currently only seeing availability of the lowest priced IF category inside staterooms on all three segments for the second option (segments to/from Melbourne). The total fare from Cunard's UK web site for that option is £5917 per person for the "Cunard" fare in an IF stateroom without flights. That should give you at least a rough idea of the price for the complete 48 night voyage (Southampton-Sydney).

Regards, John