Queens Grill menu's from our recent Queen Elizabeth

Adammara

Since I don't eat meat, I only remember the vegetarian and fish items from our recent PG cruise on QE, but these seem remarkably similar! Also the A La Carte menu looks identical, with the exception of the "order in advance" items which seem slightly more extensive than in PG, but which I wouldn't eat. Interesting to see I'm not missing out much food-wise by choosing PG!

Thanks for posting the link. There was caviar on the a la carte menu a couple of years ago, now I see it is only available as part of a cocktail.

That's a pity - it was great to start each meal with caviar and a glass of bubbly, but alas those days seem to be over :(

Thanks for posting the link. There was caviar on the a la carte menu a couple of years ago, now I see it is only available as part of a cocktail.

That's a pity - it was great to start each meal with caviar and a glass of bubbly, but alas those days seem to be over :(

I couldn't agree more. On our one crossing in QG we enjoyed caviar to start each dinner. We washed it down with chilled vodka served in a glass set in shaved ice in a silver dish.

It was wonderful. If that's no longer available, it's very sad.

I couldn't agree more. On our one crossing in QG we enjoyed caviar to start each dinner. We washed it down with chilled vodka served in a glass set in shaved ice in a silver dish.

In QG,you can still have caviar every night if you want. Just ask. I used to pre order at lunch time from our waiter. No problem at all.

It is available if you request in advance. My hb asked for it - the first time he did the Maitre'D came over and asked if he wanted it? (strange that as he had already requested it from the waiter). However once my hb confirmed his request, it was brought to him on a few occasions from then onwards without prior requests. :)

Many thanks Adammara. We are just back from QV and interestingly the first QG a la carte menu we had was identical to the one you posted from QE. Over the voyage there were 4 different a la carte menus. I also recognised some of the dishes on the daily menus that you posted from QE. I guess there is standardisation across the fleet in terms of menus.

Caviar with blinis was on the daily menu last night in QG on QE. There weren’t enough blinis which was a shame, unlike the to-order caviar which came with far more toast than necessary. In both cases there could usefully have been more sour cream.

Tempting menus. We spent last week on the QM2 in QG. The menus there were very different - fewer choices on both the daily and a la carte menus, and heavily skewed towards beef. Sadly, the preparation was lackluster, too. We wondered if we were seeing a trend or a one-off.

Tempting menus. We spent last week on the QM2 in QG. The menus there were very different - fewer choices on both the daily and a la carte menus, and heavily skewed towards beef. Sadly, the preparation was lackluster, too. We wondered if we were seeing a trend or a one-off.

Had a friend on the SOU - NYC trip last week (in QG) and he thought there was some cost cutting going on and also thought the drinks cost had escalated significantly. Cunard definitely have to be careful if these are the opinions of their regular guests.