Oosterdam 19th March 2018 to 3rd April 2018 - where is it?

VMax1700

Can anyone tell me where the Oosterdam is sailing on 19th March 2018? She arrives into PE after a Panama Canal cruise from San Diego, but the next voyage that I can find is 3rd April 2018, when she leaves on a Trans Atlantic. So where is she for the missing 15 days?

DW doesn't like long flights anymore, specially eastwards to Europe, so I was looking at doing a Caribbean cruise followed by a transatlantic.

Sounds like a drydock in the Bahamas.

She was in dry dock April '16 and got the latest changes (piano bar replaced etc). Would she be going in again so soon?

To me it sounds a bit like a charter, but would a charter be confirmed that far in advance? Is a 15 day charter normal?

• 7 months later...
She was in dry dock April '16 and got the latest changes (piano bar replaced etc). Would she be going in again so soon?

To me it sounds a bit like a charter, but would a charter be confirmed that far in advance? Is a 15 day charter normal?

As I recall, the drydock in April '16 was not completed. They only re-did the suites...not the verandah, outside, or inside staterooms. Hopefully she's "out" for another drydock! :hearteyes:

• 3 months later...

Oosterdam will enter one of the dry-docks at the Grand Bahama shipyard on Tue, 20 March 2018 around 2200 hrs (She's at HMC on the 19th). She's scheduled to touch water again on Mon, 02 APR 2018 and arrive in Port Everglades the next morning. One of the changes she's scheduled to receive is the Explorations Central conversion in her Crow's Nest; not sure about the 'Rijksmuseum at Sea' in her Deck 1 Atrium

Oosterdam will enter one of the dry-docks at the Grand Bahama shipyard on Tue, 20 March 2018 around 2200 hrs (She's at HMC on the 19th). She's scheduled to touch water again on Mon, 02 APR 2018 and arrive in Port Everglades the next morning. One of the changes she's scheduled to receive is the Explorations Central conversion in her Crow's Nest; not sure about the 'Rijksmuseum at Sea' in her Deck 1 Atrium

Thanks for the info! Strange time to go to drydock, as, from a European perspective, Easter weekend is a peak tourist weekend.

Drydock scheduling perhaps has more to do with the ship's location relative to a drydock shipyard.

igraf

Thanks for the info! Strange time to go to drydock, as, from a European perspective, Easter weekend is a peak tourist weekend.