Long time in Gibraltar??

Chocolatemom2

hello CC friends,

It’s been a while, but I just can’t bear to be on here without having a cruise planned ;).

We will be on k’dam this September and looking at the itinerary it seems we will be in Gibraltar until 11:00pm

That seems like a long time to me, anyone have any ideas as to why the long day here? There just doesn’t seem to be enough to do to justify that amount of time.

Thanks

Th at is a late departure,, i'd be looking for a nice place to have dinner ashore, to me, down town in Gibraltar looks a lot like St. Thomas. :)

If you tour, be careful the agressive monkies.

Yes, dinner is a good possibility ,and lots of time for watching the monkeys.

Apes and caves, baby! Apes and caves!

Plus the pub (The Trafalgar). That's where we spent a good part of our afternoon. :D

Edited by bigwally

If you are not interested in caves and monkeys, I think Gibraltar is very boring. The most interesting thing we saw was how the airport runway and the road in from Spain cross each other at 90 degrees. They lower gates like a railroad crossing to stop vehicles when planes need to land or take off. But there are so few flights that you might wait a long time to see this event.

If you are not interested in caves and monkeys,

I thought the apes were amazing. One jumped from a parked van to another using my head as a springboard. It happened so quick I barely knew he was there. Then I have pictures of one eating an ice cream bar he'd managed to pilfer. :D

Our last stop in Gibraltar was in at 1pm and out at 11pm, Veendam, Atlanic Adventurer, late Nov 2017. I remember it well, it was DHs birthday! We wanted to go to the museum but it closed at 2pm (Saturday). The museum is great for the history, art and a large (room size) 3-D model. We were brought there briefly on a tour a previous visit so we wanted to go back and take the time to absorb all the exhibits, but not to be. I believe our next port of call was Cadiz, very close so I think that was the reason for the late departure. We didn't dine ashore, we had our special birthday dinner in the Pinnacle Grill but the ship was rather empty with so many enjoying the evening off the ship.

Enjoy! m--