Mast Grill menu photograph -- Eclipse -- Nov/Dec 2017

cruisestitch

We just finished a cruise on Eclipse 11/26. Bacon and fried onions ar available and they put them on your burger for you.

You add the cheese, lettuce, tomato, pickles, condiments yourself.

do they cook the burgers to order?... or are they laying around in the serving pan thanks

My experience is that they are pre-cooked sitting in a serving pan. They get very upset if you ask them to cook you up a fresh one and try to talk you out of it.

I always ask them to butterfly a hot dog for me and put it on the grill until it get those grill marks. They don't appear to be happy, but do it anyway.

• 3 months later...
My experience is that they are pre-cooked sitting in a serving pan. They get very upset if you ask them to cook you up a fresh one and try to talk you out of it.

I always ask them to butterfly a hot dog for me and put it on the grill until it get those grill marks. They don't appear to be happy, but do it anyway.

I ask them overtime for a fresh one and yes, they get annoyed. I RARELY RARELY give staff problems and I've had multiple butlers and others tell me candidly I was one of the nicest least demanding ones they had. But on the fresh burgers and dogs - yes, I make them do it. Last cruise I had a casual convo with FoodBev manager and he said to "use his name" when asking. -- and I did - - and it worked.

I wish they'd just tell staff: Look, if someone asks for a frigging burger, just cook it! They aren't demanding Maine lobster.

If you get the turkey burger they always make a fresh one. Those aren't in warming trays and they are delicious.

Let's not call it 'fresh'. We had to wait 20 minutes or so for the frozen turkey to thaw.

We’ve been on Celebrity ships that have an additional sign specifically stating that burgers can be cooked to order including rare. Verbatim. My husband will ask for a rare one and will be told they can only cook them well done or medium. “That’s not what your sign says.” They will then recite some formula about how in the US they can not vouch for the quality of the beef and it is for our own safety to cook them well done or medium. My husband says again “That’s not what your sign says.” At this point they tell him it will take 15-20 minutes and ask for his cabin number. This is supposed to make him give up; but he doesn’t. If they don’t want/can’t cook them to order why do they put out a sign saying they will?!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums