Pier for Carnival, Tampa, Fl.

diversmom

The closest decent one that I've found is the Hampton Inn & Suites,,, 1301 East 7th Avenue,,, Tampa, Fl. 33605 813-247-6700. I haven't checked this hotel out for a while, but in the past it's always been O.K. (You can see the ship from the hotel. Just 1/4 mile or so from the dock.)

"SKY"

• 7 months later...

There are several downtown and in Ybor City depending on what you want for amenities and how much you’d like to pay.

Hampton Inn in Ybor City is nice. Has a free local shuttle and free breakfast. No hot tub, but there is a pool.

Courtyard Inn and Residence Inn downtown share a courtyard. Hot tub, pool, restuarant, and free local shuttle.

SkyMaster, when is your next Paradise cruise?

I'll be sailing "Paradise" April 28th, 2018. Come on along! I think I saw that you were sailing the voyage before mine. If so,,,,I'll say HELLO, and wave to you from the gangplank. LOL

I’m researching our paradise cruise out of Tampa next April. First time going out of Tampa. I’ve narrowed it down to Marriott Waterside, Hilton Downtown or Hampton Inn & Suites Ybor City/Downtown. Just waiting on reservations for next April to open us so I can see pricing!

If staying at the Hampton Inn I would research if there are any pub crawls or parades. If so, it will be the equivalent of a college spring break with a ton of drinking and partying. Ybor is not a kid friendly area those weekends. Super loud, people up all night, etc.

If you tell me your dates I’m happy to look into the local calendar. I live in Tampa.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

If you don't need parking (flying into Tampa). We got the Westin Harbor Island through Hotwire (4*** New to Downtown Tampa) for $77.00 (under $100.00) total. Only about a mile from the port. We just took Uber to the port last time and plan to do the same thing this time. Parking there is very expensive but this is a great option for a downtown hotel. You can walk to the convention center, restaaurants and it's right on the waterfront as well. We booked it again for our cruise in May on the Paradise as well.

We've stayed at the Marriott close to Channelside a couple of times. This time we're staying at Hampton Suites in Ybor. We like Ybor and the park/cruise is a plus. We're familiar with Ybor - lots to do. I'm going to try to do a review when we get back, so I'll put info on the hotel there.

Counting days on one hand now!!

We've stayed at the Marriott close to Channelside a couple of times. This time we're staying at Hampton Suites in Ybor. We like Ybor and the park/cruise is a plus. We're familiar with Ybor - lots to do. I'm going to try to do a review when we get back, so I'll put info on the hotel there.

Counting days on one hand now!!

I'm torn on hotel location. I like the location of the Hampton. We want to have dinner at Columbia Restaurant which is about 6-7 blocks away from the hotel. Plus the idea of having nightlife and other stuff right nearby is attractive. Looking at Google maps it seems like there is less around the Marriott. Probably a short Uber ride to Ybor...but was hoping for stuff in walking distance! The Marriott looks beautiful and I think it would feel like a splurge!

Columbia is amazing! There isn’t much around the Marriott, especially at night. But the trolley connects downtown to Ybor, and they are pretty close.

Breakfast Crepes at La Creperia in Ybor are amazing. The Uber from Ybor isn’t bad either.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Westin Tampa Harbour Island is a good hotel. Recently underwent a renovation.

On Hotwire look for New to Downtown Accessibility for Visually Impaired Bed Choice It will be 99 percent the Tampa Waterside Westin for S136-$167 taxes included.

Call up hotel and request high floor Water View away from elevator

We have picked the Tahaitian Inn. Mostly because of the shuttles. Going to end up just having a bite to eat and sleeping so we should be alright.

Thanks all

When are you cruising. We are going in May and I also booked this hotel. Would be nice to know how the shuttle goes if you are cruising before me. If all else fails we will take uber.