Fly in FLL - cruise out of PortMiami

Vacationdreamer<><

We will fly in to FLL on a Friday, mid-day. I can find hotels in the FLL area we like, with free airport-to-hotel shuttle. But then what are my best options to get to Port Miami Saturday morning? We are a party of 8 - 2 adults and 6 kids.

Alternatively, what about getting from FLL to a Miami area hotel for the night? Would that be more/less economical?

As commonly discussed here, FLL area will be cheaper.

As also commonly recommended here, shuttles are the way to go...SAS, QLS, Jiffy Jeff, GO Shuttle are commonly mentioned.

The cost is typically about $15 per person, so for 8, you are looking at $120 before tip. So other options become a little more feasible, like a rental car, although with that many people and bags, it will be possibly 2 vehicles.

I would just book a shuttle.

With 8 traveling together you might get a discount of $1-2 each. ;)

I would reach out to Larry's Limos and Go Airport for a quote on private transport options. After you book it I would call your FLL hotel to see if they can suggest a local option they know is reliable

We literally just did this. We used Larry's Limos for transportation, and were VERY pleased with them. They were there waiting for us, with ice cold water, no hassles at all. We had a group of 10, so we had a larger vehicle too. We'll used them again, without a doubt.

We will be getting in really late (after 12:00 AM) the night before our cruise. We're flying into Fort Lauderdale and I plan on staying there for the night, I'm just wondering if shuttles run that late. Taxis are always there right?

I don't know if your still interested, but we flew into FLL several years ago late after midnight and stayed at the Hilton across from the airport, their shuttle picked us up and we were even able to get room service!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Thank youYes that was a great help!

We used Larry's Limo (years ago) when we had a party of 9--very affordable for that many people and an actual limo. I'm sure prices have risen, but at that time it was about $100 with tip. We had plenty of space for luggage, but several of our group were young kids.

We've also used shuttle services like SAS. Really, with 8 people, a limo probably won't be much more.

We're in kind of a unique situation, but we're also flying into FLL and leaving out of Miami for our cruise. My kids and I fly into FLL and land around 3:30 PM. My husband will be out of town for work the week leading up to our cruise, so he's flying into Miami slightly earlier. He's renting a car then picking us up at the airport. We're going to stay in Miami that night, then return the car to the airport car rental in the morning and take their shuttle to the cruise terminal. If you can find a good rental car rate that might be worth looking into and cheaper than a shuttle.

• 2 weeks later...
We will fly in to FLL on a Friday' date=' mid-day. I can find hotels in the FLL area we like, with free airport-to-hotel shuttle. But then what are my best options to get to Port Miami Saturday morning? We are a party of 8 - 2 adults and 6 kids.

Alternatively, what about getting from FLL to a Miami area hotel for the night? Would that be more/less economical?[/quote']

Our party of 8 ( 4 adults and 4 children ) just returned from a cruise on Enchantment of the Seas. We stayed at the Best Western Airport/ Cruise Port hotel in Fort Lauderdale and hired a private van through QLS to take us to Port of Miami on the morning of the cruise and also to transport us from the ship to Fort Lauderdale airport after the cruise. The cost was $145.00 plus gratuity each way. The cost of their shared shuttle on Saturday is $12.00 per person each way, but we felt that it was well worth it to pay extra for private service. We were happy with QLS. The drivers were on time in picking us up and drove safely. The company provided excellent communication from the time of reservation through service delivery.

Edited by marys350

Our party of 8 ( 4 adults and 4 children ) just returned from a cruise on Enchantment of the Seas. We stayed at the Best Western Airport/ Cruise Port hotel in Fort Lauderdale and hired a private van through QLS to take us to Port of Miami on the morning of the cruise and also to transport us from the ship to Fort Lauderdale airport after the cruise. The cost was $145.00 plus gratuity each way. The cost of their shared shuttle on Saturday is $12.00 per person each way, but we felt that it was well worth it to pay extra for private service. We were happy with QLS. The drivers were on time in picking us up and drove safely. The company provided excellent communication from the time of reservation through service delivery.

Thank you. Sounds good.