Queen Elizabeth Club Balcony Cabin 8054

Porky55

Has anyone experienced noise from the Pavilion pool deck when in the Balcony Club staterooms, specifically #8054?

Come on Cunard cruisers - surely someone has stayed in or near this cabin on Deck8! There aren’t that many Britannia Club cabins left, so if one is in a better location I might still be able to change. I need help [emoji15]please .......

Rose

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Come on Cunard cruisers - surely someone has stayed in or near this cabin on Deck8! There aren’t that many Britannia Club cabins left, so if one is in a better location I might still be able to change. I need help [emoji15]please .......

Rose

Hi Rose, In the absence of anyone else....I haven't stayed in this particular stateroom but I have the actual hull plan the for QE and I see that the seating area from the pool is above the stateroom. The pool area has a cork/plastic composite on it so chairs theoretically could be scraped noisily across it. On the good side though the sofas in this area generally don't get moved and certainly not early in the morning or evening. Possibly during the day when the area is in full use.

Opposite the stateroom is a void area because it is the pool pit so at least you won't have people across the hall blaming doors.

The passenger laundrette is 3 doors down but I would think you were far enough away.

I've stayed on deck 8 and I like the position, its nice and high up for a view and I like a bit of movement (which some dont')

Book away in my opinion....theres no such thing as a bad day at sea.

regards Roscoe

ps...I see a comment from Scrapanana that she finds deck 8, perhaps messaging her and she may be helpful?

Hi Rose, In the absence of anyone else....I haven't stayed in this particular stateroom but I have the actual hull plan the for QE and I see that the seating area from the pool is above the stateroom. The pool area has a cork/plastic composite on it so chairs theoretically could be scraped noisily across it. On the good side though the sofas in this area generally don't get moved and certainly not early in the morning or evening. Possibly during the day when the area is in full use.

Opposite the stateroom is a void area because it is the pool pit so at least you won't have people across the hall blaming doors.

The passenger laundrette is 3 doors down but I would think you were far enough away.

I've stayed on deck 8 and I like the position, its nice and high up for a view and I like a bit of movement (which some dont')

Book away in my opinion....theres no such thing as a bad day at sea.

regards Roscoe

ps...I see a comment from Scrapanana that she finds deck 8, perhaps messaging her and she may be helpful?

Roscoe,

Thanks for this, perhaps it’s because we are in relatively similar time zones that I have only had a reply - from you - on this post.

Scrapnana was one of the reviews that put the wind up me, (Britannia v Britannia Club on QE) she was not much in favour of Club cabins on QE, couldn’t see much benefit in them and also noted they were noisy.

As she is a prolific poster and cruiser I regard her opinion to be a valued one, but always I look for more than one view - you have a different one entirely [emoji6]but you make a lot of sense - DH would agree with you (he doesn’t have a problem btw!)

Ps..totally agree about there being no bad day at sea - but bad nights can definitely tarnish the days 🤯

Roscoe,

no problem, perhaps ask her what stateroom she was in, if for instance they were below the wintergarden I could understand as the chairs there have harder legs and are more likely to be moved and dragged by people during the day, or possibly the inside cabins below the deck area adjacent to the pool where the loungers are might be noisey.

It would also depend on how long you spend in the stateroom as well, if you are there a lot noise could be bothersome, if you are only there to sleep and change it might not be such a problem.

I persoanlly agree with Scrap...I don't see the advantage of the club balcony either, for the cost difference I couldnt justify it. If i get tired of dining late there are other choices for dining.

when are you travelling?

no problem, perhaps ask her what stateroom she was in, if for instance they were below the wintergarden I could understand as the chairs there have harder legs and are more likely to be moved and dragged by people during the day, or possibly the inside cabins below the deck area adjacent to the pool where the loungers are might be noisey.

It would also depend on how long you spend in the stateroom as well, if you are there a lot noise could be bothersome, if you are only there to sleep and change it might not be such a problem.

I persoanlly agree with Scrap...I don't see the advantage of the club balcony either, for the cost difference I couldnt justify it. If i get tired of dining late there are other choices for dining.

when are you travelling?

Roscoe,

Sent her a message - could just be time zones or she could be cruising, asked her that very thing. Shall wait on a reply.

We are cruising in Jan ‘19 -Southampton to Freo via CapeTown. Dates all line up with a family Xmas in the UK.

Roscoe,

Sent her a message - could just be time zones or she could be cruising, asked her that very thing. Shall wait on a reply.

We are cruising in Jan ‘19 -Southampton to Freo via CapeTown. Dates all line up with a family Xmas in the UK.

thats a great trip I've done it in reverse twice now, once on the QM and once on the QV

Roscoe

Has anyone experienced noise from the Pavilion pool deck when in the Balcony Club staterooms, specifically #8054?

Sorry, but I haven’t been on for a while so have only just seen your post! We did the Xmas and New Year cruise on Elizabeth and stayed in 8049 so the starboard side. Very quiet cabin. No noise from above and no noise from launderette. You’ll be fine. Have a great cruise!

Sorry, but I haven’t been on for a while so have only just seen your post! We did the Xmas and New Year cruise on Elizabeth and stayed in 8049 so the starboard side. Very quiet cabin. No noise from above and no noise from launderette. You’ll be fine. Have a great cruise!

Sibyl1, thank you for this.

Did Cunard move you to this cabin after the disaster in the first cabin under the Lido that caused both you and your DH to become ill on your last cruise (Q801)?

Rose

Sibyl1, thank you for this.

Did Cunard move you to this cabin after the disaster in the first cabin under the Lido that caused both you and your DH to become ill on your last cruise (Q801)?

Rose

Yes. We started off aft on deck 8 starboard side. Left behind lovely Kenneth our steward but was greeted enthusiastically by Svetlana who remembered us from our last Xmas cruise! We were on deck 8 forward that time too.