Oosterdam cabin help

js4rq

Hi,

We are looking into the possibility of going to Alaska next year and looking into cabins. While we like having a balcony, we are considering getting an oceanview cabin.

I see the partially and fully obstructed oceanview cabins have a floor to ceiling window. These are currently a good price and I have seen photos - I like the idea of having more natural light, without having a balcony per se. Are there any unobstructed oceanview cabin categories that have them as well?

I see forward facing cabins 6001 and 6002 are available for the sailing we're looking at - what sort of obstructed view do these have?

Any insight would be greatly appreciated! :D

Generally forward facing ov cabins are not obstructed. The only drawback is the curtains MUST be kept closed from Dusk to dawn for Navigational purposes. There is a website known to Hal cruiser known as "Facts" for "Hal" but in the reverse. if you go there you will be able to see cabin 6002 for the Westerdam a sister ship of Oosterdam. That should help you more. I hope this helps.

If you want a certain cabin, book it now. We like the obstructed ones. You can see what the weather is etc. With guarantees you might end up at a position you do not want. Our two trips to Alaska were in cloudy weather in July& Sept. and we traveled at night.. Saw a bald eagle and salmon for animals..

I will have to have a proper look at the obstructed cabins available and see if there are any with more natural light and some sort of view.
D4121 and D4122 have the floor-to-ceiling windows and do not have a lifeboat directly in front. But of course they cost more than the G and H cabins.