Tropical Cyclone Hola

Kiwi kruzer. Will be sailing on Celebrity Solstice on way to Noumea and surrounding islands about 22 March. Can you give us a heads up if a cyclone starts developing about that time. Much appreciated.

Any cruise ships up that way?

Yep, Pacific Explore has changed port orders and missed a port due to the Cyclone.

Carnival Spirit will also be affected.

Carnival Legend may get affected, but she is only day two of her 3 days at sea before her first port of call so she might miss the action.

Explorer of the Seas and Voyager of the Seas have also been affected.

Edited by Kiwi_cruiser

Kiwi kruzer. Will be sailing on Celebrity Solstice on way to Noumea and surrounding islands about 22 March. Can you give us a heads up if a cyclone starts developing about that time. Much appreciated.

We are on that cruise too. As it is still two weeks away, wouldn't think it would be hanging around still then.

Yep, Pacific Explore has changed port orders and missed a port due to the Cyclone.

Carnival Spirit will also be affected.

Carnival Legend may get affected, but she is only day two of her 3 days at sea before her first port of call so she might miss the action.

Explorer of the Seas and Voyager of the Seas have also been affected.

Quite a list. Cheers Stu.

Oh I wish for bridgecams on all the ships so as we see the action !!!!:')

Hello NSWP,

Have a look at this website.

( cruising.me )

It has Ships webcams and ships tracking etc.

Cheers Zac

We are on that cruise too. As it is still two weeks away, wouldn't think it would be hanging around still then.

Not too worried about Hola but might have a brother or sister who also want to cause havoc!!

We too are on that cruise......doesn't worry me but I feel for the first time cruisers.

I'm hoping the same. They do have a habit of changing directions and minds. We could be having a change of itinerary though.

Hi

Marinetraffic.com is great for ship tracking and windy.com for weather and sea conditions

Windy .com showing cyclone should pass over Auckland by Tuesday or Wednesday next week

Hi

Marinetraffic.com is great for ship tracking and windy.com for weather and sea conditions

Downloaded windy.com app. Great info...having fun playing with this app.

We too are on that cruise......doesn't worry me but I feel for the first time cruisers.

Yes, it wouldn't be a pleasant experience for them if it is rough. That said, the Solstice handles large seas well and the captain would be steering us well clear of the main storm cell. I have confidence it would still be a reasonably good cruise that people can enjoy.:D

I'm hoping the same. They do have a habit of changing directions and minds. We could be having a change of itinerary though.

That may well be on the cards, especially if the ports are too damaged or another cyclone forms.

Windy .com showing cyclone should pass over Auckland by Tuesday or Wednesday next week

I realise it will take nearly a week to get to NZ but we don't leave for another week again. Hope it weakens by the time it gets to NZ.

Saw a post on FB from someone on-board Explorer OTS. Cruise is missing Noumea & slow-boating directly back to Sydney, to arrive as originally scheduled.

I know this current storm will move on quickly, but have our fingers crossed for the locals, and also hoping for good conditions for our Fiji/Lifou/Noumea cruise departing in 19 days.

Stay safe everyone.

Hello Everyone,

Just realised I gave out the wrong web address in POST#8.

Regarding Ship Webcams and Ship Tracking.

Try this ( *********** )

Cheers Zac

Edited by Zac#1
Web address was wrong