Combining Captains Club accounts

Blockschip

When I was single, I took a few cruises on Celebrity. Then when my wife and I did our honeymoon 18 years ago we cruised Celebrity. Now that the kids are pretty much grown we’re starting to cruise Celebrity again. With next months cruise I had to create CC accounts for both of us since it’s been so long. We both have points from the trips years ago that accrued into the accounts when I opened them. Now that we’re married can they all be combined into a single account?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Our experience sailing on Celebrity since 1993 is that each person has their own account. If you are married your accounts are linked and the lower person inherits the higher persons points. When each person searches their cruise history they only see their own cruises.

When I was single, I took a few cruises on Celebrity. Then when my wife and I did our honeymoon 18 years ago we cruised Celebrity. Now that the kids are pretty much grown we’re starting to cruise Celebrity again. With next months cruise I had to create CC accounts for both of us since it’s been so long. We both have points from the trips years ago that accrued into the accounts when I opened them. Now that we’re married can they all be combined into a single account?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

You will each have your own accounts and your problem may be to prove you were on the cruises as over the past number of years computer systems have changed and not everything is accurate. I would think that since you had to create new CC accounts you might have a problem proving you were on the cruises as a teen. You will also only accrue points as an individual, not a married couple.

Each of you will have separate accounts. X will give you credit for cruises taken many years ago (including its predecessors I think Chadris) if you can prove it. I was able to get old cruise credits.

You'll each have your own account... but if one of you has a higher captain's club level the other person will be upgraded. You have to have the same address on both accounts to do this. I'm Elite Plus from having sailed for 20 years with my mother. My husband and I are going on his 3rd ever cruise (2nd on Celebrity with his first being prior to online registration). He didn't have an account so I made one. Our travel agent checked and said it was all set and that he was now also Elite Plus. Nice that they do that, I certainly wasn't expecting it!

You'll each have your own account... but if one of you has a higher captain's club level the other person will be upgraded. You have to have the same address on both accounts to do this. I'm Elite Plus from having sailed for 20 years with my mother. My husband and I are going on his 3rd ever cruise (2nd on Celebrity with his first being prior to online registration). He didn't have an account so I made one. Our travel agent checked and said it was all set and that he was now also Elite Plus. Nice that they do that, I certainly wasn't expecting it!

I find that very interesting that someone who is not entitled to a particular class can get upgraded because they are married. I would love to see the "rules" which allow that. I am aware that two people in the same cabin not of the same class can attend all functions together applicable to that higher class but the lower class person doesn't necessarily get the same perks ie free laundy for example

A person cannot achieve a level that they have not earned points for . When such person is in your cabin they will have access to events that you do as Elite plus but not the other things , such as laundry , internet etc. If he cruises without you he will only have a level from his points only

A person cannot achieve a level that they have not earned points for . When such person is in your cabin they will have access to events that you do as Elite plus but not the other things , such as laundry , internet etc. If he cruises without you he will only have a level from his points only

Married couples share the higher partners points and level.

Just how it works.

As noted by others, each of you has your own account. If you both had accounts on Celebrity, there probably was no need to create new accounts, those old ones are probably still there. One of the issues plaguing the new Royal site according to the apology letter from the CEO was duplicate accounts. Hope they figured out how to handle that when they merge the web sites.

I find that very interesting that someone who is not entitled to a particular class can get upgraded because they are married. I would love to see the "rules" which allow that. I am aware that two people in the same cabin not of the same class can attend all functions together applicable to that higher class but the lower class person doesn't necessarily get the same perks ie free laundy for example

I would like to see this rule as well. Never heard of it

I would like to see this rule as well. Never heard of it

I think they may do this only for Zenith, its not the rule for other members. Did a cruise last year with son, we are two different levels, he got perks for his level and I got them for mine. Believe that when they had coupons, if you got the same coupons as someone else in your room of a higher level, it was just because the steward was either lazy or trying to be nice

My boyfriend and I have lived together for 15 years and does have E status after his 1st Celebrity cruise about 8 years ago based on my cruise history.

The way that happened was very convoluted.

RCI gives = status to domestic partners. However I'd not cruised on RCI.

I booked an RCI cruise and got my RCI status based on my Celebrity status so I was Diamond when I first cruised w/ RCI.

My partner cruised w/ me on RCI and had status matched to mine b/c RCI does allow that ... we're at the same address, same phone number etc (so he became Diamond on ... or was it after???.... his first RCI cruise).

THEN based on his Diamond, when he cruised his next Celebrity they status matched his RCI.

So fast forward and he's now probably actually earned his D and his E based on actual cruises.

I'm E+ a couple days into my next cruise and I don't know how it will effect him since I'm going w/ a gal pal.

That was very confusing. LOL

Anyway after 1 or so cruises on each line, he wound up Diamond and Elite. Riding on my coattails I tell him.

You will each have your own accounts and your problem may be to prove you were on the cruises as over the past number of years computer systems have changed and not everything is accurate. I would think that since you had to create new CC accounts you might have a problem proving you were on the cruises as a teen. You will also only accrue points as an individual, not a married couple.

When I set up my Captain's Club account a couple weeks ago, it pulled in credit for cruises I took back in 1990 and 1991!

When I set up my wife's last week, it pulled in credit for our honeymoon in 2001. I didn't even realize we had booked it in her name :-)

When I set up my Captain's Club account a couple weeks ago, it pulled in credit for cruises I took back in 1990 and 1991!

When I set up my wife's last week, it pulled in credit for our honeymoon in 2001. I didn't even realize we had booked it in her name :-)

It shouldn't matter who its booked under both of you get credit on your individual accounts.

Married couples share the higher partners points and level.

Just how it works.

Exactly. That is how my husband got E+ status after one cruise. Married and same address, you both have the highest status of the two.

Correct in that two people in the same cabin can attend Elite events together if one of them is E or E+. And the roommate does not get the other perks, like discounts and laundry.

Evidently, Celebrity does feel that spouses are entitled to Captain's Club status and perks. As I said, I didn't know this and was surprised that they did this. I didn't find out until my husband's account was created. Admittedly, I was pleasantly surprised.

Sorry Don, but you are not correct.

Respectfully disagree, as I stated in an earlier post they do it fo Zenith but not the other levels, had it happen last year on our cruise, two levels two different sets of perks.

Also, how does the computer know your married. I’m talking the perks not attendance at events.

Respectfully disagree, as I stated in an earlier post they do it fo Zenith but not the other levels, had it happen last year on our cruise, two levels two different sets of perks.

Also, how does the computer know your married. I’m talking the perks not attendance at events.

My husband has always advanced along with me and he has always been behind me in the number of cruises. You said your cruise was with your son, that's a different story.

Edited by Ma Bell

I think they may do this only for Zenith, its not the rule for other members. Did a cruise last year with son, we are two different levels, he got perks for his level and I got them for mine. Believe that when they had coupons, if you got the same coupons as someone else in your room of a higher level, it was just because the steward was either lazy or trying to be nice

The two people have to be married to receive matching points and benefits.

I sail with my adult children all the time. They each have their own account and their own point total. Their account total are not linked to mine, my wifes or each other.

Tommy I am not sure that being married is a reason receive matching points and benefits. My understanding is that if two people sharing a cabin they may attend functions eligible for the highest points owner together and as such get the benefits of priority tendering etc but do not get the internet, laundry, gelato perks etc that are above their points level. Being married has nothing to do with benefits. It is only in the past few months that same sex marriages have been recognised on X ships

Tommy I am not sure that being married is a reason receive matching points and benefits. My understanding is that if two people sharing a cabin they may attend functions eligible for the highest points owner together and as such get the benefits of priority tendering etc but do not get the internet, laundry, gelato perks etc that are above their points level. Being married has nothing to do with benefits. It is only in the past few months that same sex marriages have been recognised on X ships

I can assure you that what Tommy and I are saying is true. He and I have both been sailing with Celebrity for many years.

Also, based upon many cruises and actually having this situation last year, it is not Celebrity's policy to do that. Does it happen, yes, most likely because someone screwed up but it is not policy.

Also, based upon many cruises and actually having this situation last year, it is not Celebrity's policy to do that. Does it happen, yes, most likely because someone screwed up but it is not policy.

You are wrong...Sorry, but if you are married the higher status applies to both...