Seafood Tower on The Porch

MixerDave

The charge for the Porch is $30 pp. The times we ate there we were in a Royal Suite so free dining. We had the sea food tower twice and were not charged additional. The one time we ordered the dry aged steak in Tuscan, when in a Royal Suite, we were charged for the steak even though there was no charge for dining in Tuscan. I'm sure if there was an upcharge for the sea food tower we would have been charged. I've never seen an additional charge on the menu either. If in doubt, ask before ordering.

No additional charge for the seafood tower....you pay the $30 per person cover charge and that’s all. We’ve made it a point to eat at the Porch at least twice per cruise and love it (Reflection).

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Not familiar with the Porch.....we have dining package and may try it.

Can you give me an idea of what food is on the menu and where it's located on the Reflection.

Maybe describe the seafood tower a little. Husband not crazy about fish but I am so would love

to hear a few details.

Thank you.

It is mostly seafood, but there was at least one chicken dish. Some appetizers were not seafood based, but I don't remember what. I believe you can google a menu. On Silly it is on the lawn club deck forward of the actual lawn. Kind of around the corner from the Lawn Club Grill.

On Reflection the Porch is located near/next to Lawn Club Grill. It is a calm relaxing place with great food. The Seafood tower has ceviche, shrimp, lobster, scallops, mussels. Outstanding!! The grilled branzino entree is delicious. You can check the menu online at the Celebrity website.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

This is the menu I found on-line.

The Porch Menu

Starters

• Jumbo Prawn Cocktail horseradish gin sauce
  • Blackened Mahi Mahi Tacos red cabbage, chili, cotija
  • Chicken Wings Asian sesame, BBQ or buffalo
  • Charcuterie Board selection of Mediterranean cold cuts & olives
  • **Fresh Crudite assorted dips

Raw

• Tuna Tartare* shiso lime ginger
  • Citrus Red Snapper Ceviche* jicama, red onion, mango
  • Hamachi Crudo* yuzu, white soy, tangerine
  • Steak Tartare* quail egg, watercress, truffle

Soups & Salads

• Lobster Bisque chives, brioche
  • Sweet Corn Soup chorizo, peppers, espelette
  • **Romaine & Avocado Salad preserved tomato, ranch dressing

Seafood Tower*

• Jumbo Prawns
  • Chilled Lobster Tail
  • Scallops
  • Mussels & Seafood Salad

Entreés

• Classic Lobster Roll salt, vinegar chips, brioche
  • Steamed Mussels* cream, white wine, baguette
  • Grilled Banzino sauce vierge, arugula salad
  • The Porch Burger* avocado, chipotle mayonnaise, crispy shallots, chips
  • Half Roasted Cornish Hen salsa verde, baby vegetables, fingerling potatoes
  • **Polenta Cake mediterranean vegetables, tomato sauce
  • **Vegetarian $25.00 per guest cover charge

The Charcuterie Board selection of Mediterranean cold cuts & olives was very good and my DH loved the lobster bisque. We weren't that impressed with the seafood tower. We did enjoy having lunch up there on a gorgeous day.

Charcuterie Board:

enhance

Seafood "Tower":

enhance

Bread and Olive Oil were superb!

enhance

$30 for the porch? I remember in 2012 it was like $5 a piece? The menu must have changed then... too bad the celebrity upcharges for the non-included restaurants are getting out of control, with $50(!) for Murano? What's up with that?

EDIT: before getting people saying it's not that much for the service and how you have to pay much more for the same in a land-based restaurant and yaddayaddayadda ( :)), what would be the limit you'd pay onboard for this?

On the posted menu in this thread there is an asterisk next to the Seafood Tower. In the list below it there is no explanation it. I thought that there used to be an extra charge for the tower in the past.

On the posted menu in this thread there is an asterisk next to the Seafood Tower. In the list below it there is no explanation it. I thought that there used to be an extra charge for the tower in the past.

The asterisk is also next to the tuna tartare, burger, steak tartare, mussels so maybe it was supposed to be the raw or undercooked food warning and they forgot to place it at the bottom?

The asterisk is also next to the tuna tartare, burger, steak tartare, mussels so maybe it was supposed to be the raw or undercooked food warning and they forgot to place it at the bottom?

I'm guessing you're probably correct, that didn't occur to me. Thanks!

$30 for the porch? I remember in 2012 it was like $5 a piece? The menu must have changed then... too bad the celebrity upcharges for the non-included restaurants are getting out of control, with $50(!) for Murano? What's up with that?

EDIT: before getting people saying it's not that much for the service and how you have to pay much more for the same in a land-based restaurant and yaddayaddayadda ( :)), what would be the limit you'd pay onboard for this?

I think when it was $5 it was a sandwich/panini menu.

I thought it was a lot of $ too, but after trying it for the first time its one of my favorite lunch spots on the ship. It helps when you have OBC to burn too - then it's like $30, whatever...and maybe that's what they're counting on.

Generally I agree with you though, that the prices for specialties are way high. You've already paid to eat a meal somewhere on the ship, this is meant to be an upcharge, not pay the same as you would for a meal on land.

We loved the Porch on the Reflection. Everything on the menu is included in the $30 cover charge. You can also exclude some of the seafood on the tower and ask for extras of what you like, i.e. shrimp and lobster tails. We also enjoyed the white sangria served there. We even asked for the sangria when we ate next door at the Lawn Grill. The Porch has great atmosphere and the wait staff is excellent.

The Porch is for dinner as well. Same price.

Just wanted to be sure I understand. Is the Porch open for dinner every night? Have never tried it and since we have the 4 night package, it would be nice to try something new!

We went twice to the Porch on our Silhouette cruise. It is $30 p/p and was open for lunch and dinner from what I can recall. The seafood tower was included in the price. We thought the it was well worth the money. Enjoy!!

Just wanted to be sure I understand. Is the Porch open for dinner every night? Have never tried it and since we have the 4 night package, it would be nice to try something new!

On the Reflection in September it was open from 12-3 for lunch and 6-10 PM for dinner every night (I just looked at my copies of the dailies).