Toast that is toasty

Number12

This thread was written just to egg folks on. To be sure there are more important things on a cruise or in life in general that

are more concerning. If not, all I can say is get a life!

Ask them to retoast it so it is the exact shade of brown you desire. Once on RC (where they serve escargot just about every night), I had to keep asking the waiter to get them HOT, not lukewarm. After about 3 nights, he figured it out. And once in Jamaica at Sandals, I ordered biscuits and bacon for breakfast through room service. They asked if I was sure I wanted that, and being from Louisiana, I told them I was absolutely sure I wanted that. It arrived the next morning -- English biscuits (crackers to US residents) and bacon. Oh well....

This thread was written just to egg folks on. To be sure there are more important things on a cruise or in life in general that

are more concerning. If not, all I can say is get a life!

Don't get me started on those eggs!! ;p

I usually order a toasted bagel and cream cheese, it’s usually fine, room service toast is always cold! As are the pancakes, awful!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

When I do toast at home, it is on a very low setting on my toaster. Just like it slightly colored, but not brown. LOL, we are all different. My parents...live upstairs and in their 80's. Every morning, the smell of burned toast. That is the way they like it! Again, we are all different. But have to say, that when I cruise, I rarely order toast because I think they wont make it "my" way, but sounds like they do after all. What I really love for bread at breakfast is baguette, or crusty rolls...Don't get those anywhere, cruise or hotel where I travel, but still I find plenty to satisfy me otherwise.

Yeah and I don't like the the butter is too soft. Like, it's whipped or something. Why can't they keep it in the refrigerator until they bring it to my table?

Here's a news flash, butter does not need to be kept refrigerators. You can leave it out for 3 weeks, we do. As far as eggs, if you want real eggs go to the omelette station or the MDR. The eggs in the buffet are gross, probably powdered. Toast is a really tough one to get, at a restaurant the server can put in the toast as the eggs come up. The cruise ship does not have that luxury

Edited by coevan
added words

I second the lame toast issue! I usually go with the English muffin or croissant just to avoid it... but then, I rarely have toast at any restaurant onshore for the same reason!

BTW Number12- I got your last post about not wanting to 'egg anyone on'!!! LOL! Not sure if some of the grumpy gussies here got it.

a double entendre egging us on like that-but we wont waffle, we'll stand our grounds. (coffee).

for real eggs on the ship, I order fried. I can see what they are, and know where they came from. I like my English muffins a bit on the burnt side-but the whipped butter does spread on anything. breakfast bread choices in the MDR-really are the cat's meow.

I welcome a light hearted thread every now and again. Some discussions get downright vicious. I like the hair dryer solution for room service toast. I am sure its not the cleanest tool in the shed but I have ingested worse things than what might fly on to my toast from a hair dryer. Maybe a tissue on top of said toast would provide as a filter.