SS vs Neptune Differences ?

a.madruga

The SS gives a large bathroom with 2 sinks and a large room but no other privileges. The Neptune gives access to the lounge, free laundry, the concierges, early boarding etc.

And the PG for breakfast and, of course more space ;)

The SS gives a large bathroom with 2 sinks and a large room but no other privileges. The Neptune gives access to the lounge, free laundry, the concierges, early boarding etc.

The SS cabins also have a free standing shower in addition to the tub shower.

If you are four or five star then you get the free laundry, priority boarding and tendering anyway so the only real benefit of the Neptune is the Neptune Lounge. Oh, and Pinnacle breakfasts.

We tried a Neptune once to see what all the fuss was about and decided the Lounge was highly overrated. We had breakfast in the Pinnacle once and then went back to the Lido for the rest of the cruise.

After that cruise we went back to our SS cabins and lived happily ever after.

If you are four or five star then you get the free laundry, priority boarding and tendering anyway so the only real benefit of the Neptune is the Neptune Lounge. Oh, and Pinnacle breakfasts.

We tried a Neptune once to see what all the fuss was about and decided the Lounge was highly overrated. We had breakfast in the Pinnacle once and then went back to the Lido for the rest of the cruise.

thanks so we believe that an extra $800 PP was not worth it on a week cruise

We tried a Neptune once to see what all the fuss was about and decided the Lounge was highly overrated.
I tend to agree, although when we took DW's late mother on a cruise they really enjoyed quiet time in the Neptune Lounge playing Scrabble. If we were to get a complimentary upgrade, we'd take it for sure. Otherwise, a Signature Suite does us fabulously.

So it sounds like the below list are the differences:

• Larger room
  • Larger balcony (especially the aft wrap-arounds)
  • Bose® Bluetooth-enabled Soundlink
  • Complimentary mimosas with in-suite breakfast
  • Pinnacle Grill Breakfasts
  • In-suite coffee and espresso machine
  • Neptune Lounge
  • Neptune Concierges
  • Priority Boarding
  • Complementary Laundry

Whether the above benefits are worth the price difference between the cabin types is a personal decision.

I like your style, sapper1! [emoji2]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks we felt that $800 PP for a week cruise was too much for so little in return just MO

Something else to consider is the room layout for the SS on the new Pinnacle class ships. The SS appears to be a split room with the desk area against the bathroom wall, then a half-wall, and then the bed against the window. Turns out we can move up to a Neptune for $230pp for the week so we're changing to the Neptune. I like the desk area next to the window.

What kind of beverages are available in the Neptune Lounge? I just purchased signature beverages packages for about $340 pp, and I'm thinking with the lounge, this wouldn't be necessary, especially if there is some sort of wine/cocktail service in the evening? We would have to deduct the savings from the package to find the real price difference.

What kind of beverages are available in the Neptune Lounge? I just purchased signature beverages packages for about $340 pp, and I'm thinking with the lounge, this wouldn't be necessary, especially if there is some sort of wine/cocktail service in the evening? We would have to deduct the savings from the package to find the real price difference.

Well, there is a little bar available in the Neptune Lounge, none of the drinks on it are complimentary. They are all charged to your on board account.

free drinks in the Neptune Lounge are the coffee machine (which is good), tea, hot chocolate, infused water, cranberry juice, iced tea and in the morning fresh squeezed oj if memory serves. I am sure someone will correct me if I omitted anything.

A very helpful thread! In our case we need a handicapped cabin and are currently booked into V. There are no suitable SS that I would like, so a cheap enough Neptune upsell would be nice.

I think most ships have only one HA Neptune, so getting it on an upsell is a longshot.

I think that the destination has a lot to do with whether you go Signature versus Neptune. I had an aft Neptune when doing the Alaska inside passage trip and it was wonderful for wildlife watching. This was by way of a last minute upsell. I just returned from the 16 day Panama Canal transit on the Oosterdam and again I took the very last minute upsell to an aft Neptune Suite. We were able to relax on our massive wraparound deck and take in the view as we exited each lock and the canal. Other benefits that we love from Neptune is daily breakfast in the Pinnacle Grill, laundry service, loads of snacks available in the Neptune Lounge, the concierges in the lounge and priority in getting reservations in the Pinnacle, Rudi's and Canalletto. There was only 10 spots in the hands on America's Test Kitchen class and working with the Concierges we were able to snag four spots after the 5-Star Mariners didn't reply to their offer. Many positives, especially if you are willing to wait until last minute for upgrade offers and an aft cabin. Our last was on deck 4 and there is a large piece of maintenance equipment located there just to warn in advance. It was a surprise but not a downer.

I wouldn’t, for 800. pp. We do love the aft wrap Neptune Suite and have gotten used to having the Concierge take care of everything. As one of the first on board, we haven’t been disappointed yet. Having access to free laundry helps us pack less...theoretically, lol. Maybe you’ll get an addition offer for a more reasonable price

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Actually there are two. Agree it is a long shot.

It also appears there aren't that many Neptunes of any kind open on my cruise.

You never know! My cruise was booked up solid in the Neptunes and Vista (my category) for the past two months. Then 5 days prior to my sailing a Neptune opened up and I was able to get it for a good upsell price.

Getting back on topic, IMO the differences between a Signature and Neptune cabin are mostly about the "perks", like free laundry, VIP boarding, Neptune Lounge access, Breakfast in the Pinnacle Grill, etc. The Neptune cabins are a bit larger, but not that much I have found.

If you are a 4 or 5 Star Mariner you get some of the above perks anyway (like VIP boarding and free laundry), so justifying the greater cost becomes more difficult. Of course, this value equation varies by personal choice and the fare difference. Upsell offers reduce this fare difference of course (when they are available).

Once again, to each his (or her) own.