Rotterdam Western Caribbean - Gala Nights

DaveOKC

We are doing the standard 7 day route on the Rotterdam (Western Caribbean - Sunday-Sunday) and were wondering if anyone who has done this recently can tell us which days the 2 Gala Nights were. I am pretty sure that the first one will be on Tuesday (a sea day), but the second is a bit uncertain (either Friday or Saturday).

I know that HAL normally does not do them on the last evening, Saturday, but on the other hand Friday we are in Costa Maya until 5 PM and HAL normally does not like to have one on a late afternoon or evening departure day.

Anyone know?

We are doing the standard 7 day route on the Rotterdam (Western Caribbean - Sunday-Sunday) and were wondering if anyone who has done this recently can tell us which days the 2 Gala Nights were. I am pretty sure that the first one will be on Tuesday (a sea day), but the second is a bit uncertain (either Friday or Saturday).

I know that HAL normally does not do them on the last evening, Saturday, but on the other hand Friday we are in Costa Maya until 5 PM and HAL normally does not like to have one on a late afternoon or evening departure day.

Anyone know?

We just returned from the 4Mar sailing on Rotterdam. I have slept since then so am not sure, but I believe it was Saturday since we had dinner with friends who live in Cozumel on Friday.

Hi, we're doing this itinerary in a couple of weeks. I actually called and spoke with the ship services department to ask just this question, and they told me the gala nights would be on the two sea days. But she did say this has the ability to change based on the staff's discretion...

It really doesn't make much difference anymore which nights the "Gala" nights are on because they are not much different than any other night. Gone are the days of fancy dress and dinners as well as good special entertainment.

March 4 sailing. First sea day. Santo Tomas night (Thursday I think). Probably because we were in port in Cozumel till 11 pm.

Our route is a bit different, on Friday we are only in Costa Maya until 5 PM (same time as Thursday - Santo Thomas).