Share a bargain/deal

Have booked 24 night San Francisco to Sydney Sept 2014

$2788 USD incl taxes and Gratuities for concierge class balcony.

Booked online at USA site. In excess of $1500 cheaper than booking in Australia.

Whilst I have a USA bank account and address even though we live in Australia.

You do not have to pay the Australian quoted prices

I remember on the RCL boards a couple of years ago, on embarkation day the port was going to close at something like 6pm due to an approaching hurricane. Except the cruise ship departure time for passengers was 7pm. The ship decided to leave at 4pm leaving people unable to embark as they didn't know the time had changed, had just come in on flights etc. Even people who had checked in and then got off the ship missed out. I think there was something in USA law that meant they couldn't embark at the next port? Stuff happens during hurricane season.

• 4 months later...

ms OOSTERDAM

Sydney to Seattle

27 nights

SAILS 13 APRIL,14

FROM $70 per night PLUS US$600

ON BOARD CREDIT!*

Inside twin FROM $1,965 pp

Window (Obstr. view) $2,255 pp

Window twin $2,335 pp

Veranda twin $2,365 pp

Dlx Veranda twin $2,748 pp

Suite twin $5,845 pp

CRUISE/STAY/FLY PACKAGES AVAILABLE.

* On Board Credit is per room.

Hi all,

I haven't posted on this website for about a year, and browsing through all the great deals people have found over the last few months, I realise how out of touch I am with the amazing deals that are out there. The cruise I just booked seems a bit expensive in comparison.

However, I'm still excited, so thought I would share anyway.

The Celebrity Century Tasmania cruise on Dec 15th is pretty cheap at the moment for those who are able to get some time off around Christmas. This is the start of school holidays for many kiwi families and it can be difficult to get good deals around this time unless they are last minute.

Anyway, the 7 night cruise cost me NZ$1080 p/p for an outside cabin (twin occupancy) and this includes a free Classic Beverage Package. Given that the beverage package costs about NZ$420 p/p when it's not free, I'm happy.

This is a local price. I priced up US agents, including ones that were offering free gratuities along with the free beverage package, and was excited to see (for once) that NZers (and Australians) are getting a better deal. Plus I get to lock in a kiwi dollar price while the NZ dollar is so strong. :D

Yes there are some great deals on the Century at the moment. We have booked 14 nights balcony cabin Singapore to Dubai March 2015 for $1500pp (quad share) including tips and all drinks. Hoping to do the flights on points, and we will spend a something on shore excursions (we organise our own) but other than that we won't spend much else, even the kids got the drinks package!

The ship is being sold after the next cruise after ours, and doesn't have all the bells and whistles of the newer ships (hope the kids club is good!) but the itinerary looks great, 4 ports in India and Oman, plus an overnight in Dubai at the end so we are really looking forward to it.

I agree with oskarNZ - this was the first cruise I have booked that was the same price with an Australian agent as a US one, and I was happy to lock in the AUD price this far out.

Was also tempted by the Kids cruise free deals on Royal Caribbean later this year - first time I have seen that on RCCL in Australia.

Penny

Edited by PJOZ