22nd June: Sewayd, Alaska

23rd June: Yakutat, Alaska

24th June: Glacier Bay, Alaska

25th June: Skagway, Alaska

26th June: Icy Strait Point, Alaska

27th June: Ketchikan, Alaska

29th June: Victoria, Canda

30th June: Seattle, USA

1st & 2nd July: Vancover, Canada (150th Anniversary Celebrations)

4th & 5th July: San Francisco, USA (4th of July Celebrations)

7th July: Los Angeles, USA

8th July: San Diego, USA

13th July: Hilo, Hawaii

14th July: Honolulu, Hawaii

15th July: Lahaina, Hawaii

21st July: Bora Bora, French Polnesia

22nd July: Papeete, Tahiti

23rd July: Moorea, French Polynesia

29th July: Auckland, New Zealand

For those departing Auckland on the Circle Pacific 2017

Have you all read Andy's 3 part review of this cruise....

To be honest he would not be far off the truth... With the all the long trips that we have done we have probably experienced those issues at some point..

We forgive and forget as they are our ships and we like the convenience of cruising out of Sydney.... I can understand that they would stick to North American and European based ships..

Actually I sometimes feel a little embarrass when an American says that they are cruising on our Aussified old ships..... I think that they would used to the newer ships with so many extra options.

I do love the sun class ship size for our longer trips.... wouldn't it be nice if they built a new one of those for us... you know harbour bridge friendly and all...

• 1 month later...
Interesting ...... hmm compensation for the state of the ship.... now there is a precedent that could cost princess $$$ especially if all 2000 on board made the same claim... LOL...

http://andyandjudi.com/2015/10/07/post-world-cruise-discussions-with-princess/

I can understand the justification though. I saw similar issues as him, sailing twice on her this year, and consider Sea Princess sub-par. It wasn't one we would like to sail on again in the near future, although hope the refurb resolves some of these issues. Fortunately our trips were shorter so I would not seek compo, but had I been on the whole cruise I can understand the request, as the stench issue was in particular, omnipresent in certain areas.

• 4 weeks later...

I've finally read Andy post cruise summaries on the World Cruise. Now here is what I found interesting reading yesterday. In his posting on 5 September -Andy and Judi’s 2015 World Cruise Review I he states

"Will be cruise with Princess again? I think the answer is most definitely yes; however, will we consider other cruise lines? – probably, but we also recognise that other lines are also embarking upon similar cost cutting ventures".

However, in his posting dated 7 October - Post World Cruise Discussions with Princess, when he asked for compensation and they offered him at first $100 and then he countered offered with a percentage he thought he should be compensated. His closing comments were.

"Their final offer, which was more reasonable, still fell well short of our expectations. Consequently, we have cancelled both future cruises and will never consider Princess or any of the other Carnival brands for our future cruising needs".

I hope he enjoys river cruising, and smaller all-inclusive brands and they meet his expectations for the price paid.

Edited by icat2000

"Their final offer, which was more reasonable, still fell well short of our expectations. Consequently, we have cancelled both future cruises and will never consider Princess or any of the other Carnival brands for our future cruising needs".

I hope he enjoys river cruising, and smaller all-inclusive brands and they meet his expectations for the price paid.

There's still NCL and the RCL brands, and some other larger ones too.

Plus people change their minds, especially over time!

I can understand the justification though. I saw similar issues as him, sailing twice on her this year, and consider Sea Princess sub-par. It wasn't one we would like to sail on again in the near future, although hope the refurb resolves some of these issues. Fortunately our trips were shorter so I would not seek compo, but had I been on the whole cruise I can understand the request, as the stench issue was in particular, omnipresent in certain areas.

We did our first and only cruise on Sea Princess in January and loved it, of course we had no comparison, but we know a LOT of friends who have sailed P & O out of brisbane and their reports certainly put us off sailing on Dawn or Pearl. We are sailing out of Sydney on Solstice on 26 November and have been a bit concerned that this would be very upmarket after Sea Princess ( going on forum comments). Will be interesting to compare it. I followed Andy and two others on the world cruise and have to admit I wouldn't want to spend all that time on Sea Princess much as we loved it, could be because we are newbies?

Hi Shrekaus,

We went on the Solstice about two years ago and loved it. The ship is in much better condition than Sea Princess. You will really enjoy it I'm sure. I rate Celebrity and Princess about the same so it's not more upmarket. I have just been on Golden Princess and I thought Solstice was in better condition, and I loved Golden.

Have a great cruise.

Cheers:)