San Francisco/ Marroitt Union Square to cruise terminal

Going to Alaska on Princess out of SF. Has anyone stayed at the Marriott Union Square? Would like to stay there, but like to know approximately how far it is from the terminal. Also, any opinions about the hotel will be appreciated. Thanks.

Thank you for your reply. Indeed I could have done a Google, I do a lot of that anyway. Regarding Trip Advisor, I prefer to hear from people on these boards. Nothing against TA, maybe is just habit.

JL

The only public transportation is the streetcar which will take you directly to the cruise ship pier. But they are very crowded, usually standing room only and many times they won't even let you on because they are too crowded. Luggage makes that ride out of the question. Taxi or Uber your only choice

The only public transportation is the streetcar which will take you directly to the cruise ship pier. But they are very crowded, usually standing room only and many times they won't even let you on because they are too crowded. Luggage makes that ride out of the question. Taxi or Uber your only choice

Ah, the cable car routes doesn't go anyway near the Cruise Terminal. Regardless, I agree, the Cable Car would not be the best way to get to the Cruise Terminal, it is not luggage friendly.

Edited by CruiserBruce

No, I would not even think about getting on the cable car with luggage. We will get a cab to the terminal. Our concern was the distance, because of the traffic. If it is only about two miles, it should not be any problem. Looking forward to our first cruise to Alaska.

Taxi or Uber/Lyft to the cruise ship terminal. I walk by the hotel every week and it appears to be a standard big city Marriott. High rise. Big lobby. Bell hops to help you flag a taxi. Very busy part of town.

• 2 weeks later...

But, on its own the F Trolley is worth a ride -just for the historic cars. They even have an NYC Trolley the type of which I rode to Ebbetts Field in the 50's to see my beloved "trolley Dodgers."

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

• 1 month later...