Steak House on the Miracle

MrMrsCruizer

We are going on the Miracle in April and are thinking about making reservations. Has anyone eaten at the Steakhouse recently and how was it. Also, do you still get a free bottle of wine on first night sailing?

We ate in the Miracle steakhouse May 2014 on the last night of our Alaskan cruise. Well worth the $35 up charge. We brought a bottle of wine and paid the $15 corkage fee. The food and service was impeccable. I would rate it in my top 3-5 dining experiences in my life and that includes a NY Steakhouse, Gary Danko's in Frisco, and a Brazilian steakhouse in Georgetown outside DC. Yes I understand they do offered free wine first cruise night.

We went to the Steakhouse on our cruise this month and it was wonderful. We had attended a cooking demonstration earlier in the cruise and got to try some of the dishes, and that encouraged us to make the reservation. The food and service was great and we were one of two parties in the restaurant that night; our reservation was at 8pm because we had gotten back from our shore excursion at 7pm. It was well worth the additional cost.

• 2 months later...

Do they offer any sugar free options for desert in the steakhouse on Miracle? If we call them a day or two before our reservation will they whip something up? This will be our first time trying a carnival steakhouse. On Royal Caribbean's chops they would take care of us if we gave them advance notice! Hope carnival will do the same! :)

It has been a year since we sailed the Miracle but Nick and Nora's was outstanding. We dined there 3 of 8 nights on board. Interestingly enough we thought the Miracle in general had some of the best food in the MDR of all our Carnival sailings.

CaliCruiseFamily, I don't know about the sugar free deserts. I do know one of our nights in the steakhouse when asked about dessert we told them no thank you. We planed to go to the MDR and have dessert. They were kind enough to go downstairs and bring our chosen dessert to the steakhouse.

AS of February Carnival was still offering a free bottle of wine on the first and second night. Remember, you get what you pay for. It was drinkable but not high on my list. I love Merlot but this one was just off.

Have a wonderful cruise.

I was on the Miracle in January and ate in the Steak House twice. There is no sugar free desserts on the menu, since I only can eat sugar free desserts I asked them if they could make something. They did provide a sugar free dessert for me but I think it was of the menu

from the main dining room. They did make the plate look real pretty. I appreciated there extra efforts. Make sure to tell them that you will need a sugar free dessert when you make your reservation.

It has been a year since we sailed the Miracle but Nick and Nora's was outstanding. We dined there 3 of 8 nights on board. Interestingly enough we thought the Miracle in general had some of the best food in the MDR of all our Carnival sailings.

CaliCruiseFamily, I don't know about the sugar free deserts. I do know one of our nights in the steakhouse when asked about dessert we told them no thank you. We planed to go to the MDR and have dessert. They were kind enough to go downstairs and bring our chosen dessert to the steakhouse.

AS of February Carnival was still offering a free bottle of wine on the first and second night. Remember, you get what you pay for. It was drinkable but not high on my list. I love Merlot but this one was just off.

Have a wonderful cruise.

Thank you! :)

I was on the Miracle in January and ate in the Steak House twice. There is no sugar free desserts on the menu, since I only can eat sugar free desserts I asked them if they could make something. They did provide a sugar free dessert for me but I think it was of the menu

from the main dining room. They did make the plate look real pretty. I appreciated there extra efforts. Make sure to tell them that you will need a sugar free dessert when you make your reservation.

Thank you! I will do that. :)

I'll be taking my family on a cruise on the Miracle to Mexico in early August. The kids won't eat steak but the two adults want to try it. I thought I read somewhere that the menu at the steakhouse is available in the Main Dining Room. Is that true and is it the same menu and price ? Is it also available every day ? Any link to the current MDR menu. I think I saw an updated menu somewhere for Carnival (the American menu ?), but I don't know if it's moved to the Miracle yet

• 2 years later...
We ate in the Miracle steakhouse May 2014 on the last night of our Alaskan cruise. Well worth the $35 up charge. We brought a bottle of wine and paid the $15 corkage fee. The food and service was impeccable. I would rate it in my top 3-5 dining experiences in my life and that includes a NY Steakhouse, Gary Danko's in Frisco, and a Brazilian steakhouse in Georgetown outside DC. Yes I understand they do offered free wine first cruise night.

Not going to matter to some cruisers, but Georgetown is INSIDE DC. I share your opinion that the steakhouse experience is sublime, and also have enjoyed multiple world class restaurants in Manhattan (my favorite was Daniel, by far).

The Steakhouse experience is well worth the extra $15 for appetizer, soup, and dessert. All way better than the MDR

Plus the experience is better/different. I enjoy the fun experience in the MDR, but if I want fine dining (AND I DO) I know Steakhouse is the place to be satisfied.

Not going to matter to some cruisers, but Georgetown is INSIDE DC. I share your opinion that the steakhouse experience is sublime, and also have enjoyed multiple world class restaurants in Manhattan (my favorite was Daniel, by far).

The member you quoted posted that 3 years ago, fyi. These revived threads can be tricky.

The member you quoted posted that 3 years ago, fyi. These revived threads can be tricky.

Georgetown was INSIDE DC 3 years ago too, fyi. It's not tricky if you live here. ;p

BTW, I was looking for any posts about Miracle/Steakhouse, with post age in mind.

ABTW, San Marcos is my favorite place on earth if it's the San Marcos I think it is (piazza and basilica and palazzo ducale). :) If it's a different San Marcos, well just keep moving along... :D

• 5 months later...

We sailed on the Miracle in March and loved the ship and have her booked again for January. We ate in the Steakhouse the first night and got our free bottle of wine. We also ate there again on the fourth night of the cruise. Loved the ambience of Nick and Nora's, the food was delicious, and the wait staff very attentive. If our Carnival ship has a Steakhouse, we eat there at least twice during a 7-day cruise. We sail the Paradise quite often and she doesn't have a Steakhouse, so we order Steakhouse Selections in the dining room several times during the cruises. Would highly recommend the Steakhouse on the Miracle.

This was at the bottom of my August 5 Miracle Steakhouse reservation confirmation:

Steakhouse Manager,

Andrea Farkas

Carnival Miracle

P.S. We are having a promotion in the Steakhouse on Embarkation and the first Cruise Elegant nights of the cruise! Guests booking a reservation on either night will receive a complimentary bottle of house wine or 50% off any bottle from our wine list!