Independence of the Seas - Starbucks options/details??

I have a question, I was hoping someone who has sailed on the Independence recently could answer. I have Googled and searched and read everything I can find, no luck on this fairly specific question. I cannot function without my morning iced coffee... yes I know I have a problem. My last cruise was on the Oasis, which has a Starbucks with a normal full menu, I was able to pop down there every morning for my Trenta Iced Coffee and all was well with the world. I need to know if I can do the same on the Independence?

According to the Royal Caribbean rep I spoke to, they have a Starbucks kiosk with a full menu. But I can't find any proof of this, and I have reason to doubt this is true. It didn't have one 2 yrs ago when my wife went on this ship, and the ship is due for refurb in April, so maybe it will get one then, but not for our March cruise. Google searches turns up results saying I can get coffee, and they serve Starbucks coffee, and they serve a variety of specialty coffees, and many other ships have a Starbucks, and Starbucks is served on some RC ships, the free coffee is good, the free coffee is bad, Starbucks coffee sucks so why would you pay for it, etc etc etc etc. I found a bad picture of the menu from Cafe Promenade, and it appears they serve Starbucks coffee and serve specialty lattes in small cups, but that isn't going to cut it, I dont like hot coffee and I need at least a Venti sized iced coffee with cream, not a 10 oz cafe americano for $5.

People who dont drink iced coffee arent going to understand this, but those that do will get it. Please help. Does the Independence actually serve Starbucks iced coffee in normal Starbucks large sizes? If not, I will smuggle some in my luggage, its only a 5-day cruise, but I would like to know before risking my clothes being stained by broken coffee bottles!!

Thank you. I dont actually want a specialty coffee, thats the problem. I want just straight up iced coffee. I can drink Seattle's Best, dont really care if its Starbucks specifically. But it has to be large, say 16oz. Do you know if that iced coffee was available as a large? Most seem to be the same "Grande" sized which is too small.

Thank you. I dont actually want a specialty coffee, thats the problem. I want just straight up iced coffee. I can drink Seattle's Best, dont really care if its Starbucks specifically. But it has to be large, say 16oz. Do you know if that iced coffee was available as a large? Most seem to be the same "Grande" sized which is too small.

Going from memory I'm going to say it was at least 16 ounces.

If it's too small, can't you buy two?

Thanks for your suggestions! Yes I could just buy two. But with typical inflated cruise prices, they will likely be about $4 each. I hate spending $8 for morning coffee!

Also pouring hot coffee over ice doesn't make good iced coffee. Iced coffee is double brewed, and then cooled (or cold brewed, which is the best!). That way it doesn't taste watered down. If you take normal single brewed hot coffee and put it over ice, most if not all of the ice will melt within minutes, leaving you with lukewarm watery coffee. Tastes horrible.

I know I probably sound like such a coffee snob, sorry! I know one thing, I am going to take pictures of all the coffee menus on this ship and make sure they get posted somewhere for the next iced coffee fanatic!

• 6 months later...
Thanks for your suggestions! Yes I could just buy two. But with typical inflated cruise prices, they will likely be about $4 each. I hate spending $8 for morning coffee!

Also pouring hot coffee over ice doesn't make good iced coffee. Iced coffee is double brewed, and then cooled (or cold brewed, which is the best!). That way it doesn't taste watered down. If you take normal single brewed hot coffee and put it over ice, most if not all of the ice will melt within minutes, leaving you with lukewarm watery coffee. Tastes horrible.

I know I probably sound like such a coffee snob, sorry! I know one thing, I am going to take pictures of all the coffee menus on this ship and make sure they get posted somewhere for the next iced coffee fanatic!

So what was the verdict? Starbucks or no?

So what was the verdict? Starbucks or no?

There has never been a Starbucks on the Independence - if that is what you are asking.

The only ships with a Starbucks are the Oasis class ships (Oasis, Allure, Harmony & Symphony) and the Mariner of the Seas.

There has never been a Starbucks on the Independence - if that is what you are asking.

The only ships with a Starbucks are the Oasis class ships (Oasis, Allure, Harmony & Symphony) and the Mariner of the Seas.

I can confirm Starbucks was on Allure and Harmony when we sailed on them and no Starbucks on Independence on our May 2018 cruise after her refit.

There was a Seattle's best next to the promenade cafe and the coffee was okay.

Sorry, I totally forgot to follow up on this. As confirmed by others already, no Starbucks on the Indy. I was on it right before the refit, but apparently they didn't add one anyway.

The Seattle's Best in the promenade is all they have for iced coffee, and yes, it is an iced latte technically. But it was decent, good enough and cheap enough that I got one or two every day and was happy. I can't find my menu picture but IIRC it was like $4 and they will customize it however you want. I didn't even bother with the VIA packets I brought along.