Independence Refurb ++

https://www.royalcaribbean.com/cruise-ships/independence-of-the-seas

Looks great, and by digging deeper on the site it looks like they will be adding "Once upon a time" to the show line ups of "Grease" & "Invitation to Dance."

Not sure about the Fish & Ships... we shall see.

Thanks for the link, not so sure about the "improvements".

I don’t understand the solarium pics. I presume they have re done the original solarium but cannot see how that could be made to look like the pictures. I’m guessing the Fish outlet is to target the UK market, Fish and Chips is pretty much a national dish.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thanks for the link, not so sure about the "improvements".

I like anything added to the entertainment line up, I really wish they rotated the shows more. I am also hopeful about Playmakers, and the slides.

Thanks for the update and information, not sure it will make us Rush back to Indy, most of the New Bits seem to be aimed at attracting the Younger Generation so we may have to move on to another Ship. We may give it a chance but not holding out much hope.

Are they adding a Crystal Canopy to the Solarium anyone know?.

Thanks for the update and information, not sure it will make us Rush back to Indy, most of the New Bits seem to be aimed at attracting the Younger Generation so we may have to move on to another Ship. We may give it a chance but not holding out much hope.

Are they adding a Crystal Canopy to the Solarium anyone know?.

Will miss you Tom on the TA[emoji23][emoji23]

Also showing the Fish & Ships as A La Carte pricing and classed as Fast casual Food American [emoji848][emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Edited by 6MonthsHere6MonthsThere

https://www.royalcaribbean.com/cruise-ships/independence-of-the-seas

Looks great, and by digging deeper on the site it looks like they will be adding "Once upon a time" to the show line ups of "Grease" & "Invitation to Dance."

Not sure about the Fish & Ships... we shall see.

All three of those shows were onboard when I was on Indy in 2016

All three of those shows were onboard when I was on Indy in 2016

Wow... Once Upon a Time was not on either of my sailings in March or Nov 2017. Grease & Invitation were... and both were good.

I just had to go back and look at my compasses to make sure I didn't miss something. I guess it only is on certain sailings. Mine were both 5 day Westerns.

Once Upon a Time is definitely already on the Independence.

Possibly they haven't been performing it on the recent shortie cruises.

That has to be it, because it was not on the two that I went on 8 months apart in 2017. I even posted the Compasses on here for one of them.

Hello,

I'm sure these pictures are not of the Indy nor artists' impressions. I have looked 'through' the pictures of the Diamond Lounge to see the ship's structure and it looked nothing like the Indy that I know.

Regards,

Cublet

Will miss you Tom on the TA[emoji23][emoji23]

Also showing the Fish & Ships as A La Carte pricing and classed as Fast casual Food American [emoji848][emoji23]

Same here John, we used to love the TAs on Indy but the hassle with US Immigration and Customs has put Win off flying or going to the USA.

Are you still going out to Florida for the Winter or are you just doing the TA?.

Same here John, we used to love the TAs on Indy but the hassle with US Immigration and Customs has put Win off flying or going to the USA.

Are you still going out to Florida for the Winter or are you just doing the TA?.

Hi Tom, Have sold the Villa after 22years so just doing the TA followed by 4 nights in Vegas, still love the Indy TA for meeting up with fellow cruises that have done it for many years like ourselves.

At least we should be doing immigration whilst on the ship in St Thomas.

Hi Tom, Have sold the Villa after 22years so just doing the TA followed by 4 nights in Vegas, still love the Indy TA for meeting up with fellow cruises that have done it for many years like ourselves.

At least we should be doing immigration whilst on the ship in St Thomas.

Last time we did Immigration in St Thomas it Took Forever, last ones did not get cleared until 2-30pm queues were right down the Royal Promenade, it was a Shambles by US Immigration, RCL offered to Pay for extra Staff but they were turned Down.

Last time we did Immigration in St Thomas it Took Forever, last ones did not get cleared until 2-30pm queues were right down the Royal Promenade, it was a Shambles by US Immigration, RCL offered to Pay for extra Staff but they were turned Down.

Yeah, 2 years ago, we were some of the last ones and we got through at 2.15, very poor, know RCL officers mentioned to them that the queues were very long and allegedly their response was “they will get even longer if you keep pestering us as we will stop altogether “[emoji35][emoji23] we feel last year was even worse because of the hurricane and not visiting some stops beforehand we had to do it in Ft Lauderdale and it was worse as you had to queue pushing along your luggage and everyone was ordered off the ship by 9.45 even if their number had not been called, heard some aliens did not get through until after 1pm. But as you know Tom I am a gluten for punishment so will see what happens this year.

Once Upon a Time is definitely already on the Independence.

Possibly they haven't been performing it on the recent shortie cruises.

I think you're right. It was definitely on my 7 night cruise in August 2015, but not the 5 night in February 2015.

I went to see in in 2015 assuming it had been updated since the first time I saw it on Freedom in 2007. :rolleyes::rolleyes: