Independence of the Seas will be a nightmare 2018

I just don’t understand what is meant by ‘greedy’. The word gets used a lot but I don’t see how the definition fits. Couldn’t it be said that consumers are greedy for wanting more but pay less?

You say you choose not to demand more from your customers, how does that matter? If your customers do not find value in your services at the price you ask are they not free to go elsewhere? There are plenty of cruise lines to choose from and the per dimes really aren’t rising all that much. Obviously these changes are no longer meeting your expectations for a cruise, just take your money where you get what you want.

You think you know what my expectations are?

I'll be happy to let everyone know how awful my cruise is this summer on Indy. I can only assume from reading this thread that she's going to be the worst cruise ever and has gone completely down the toilet since my last spin on her.

I'm totally sure it will suck*. :eek:

*BWAHHHHHH! Not really.

Firstly I am 55 years of age so I do not fight over chairs and sunbeds, I just think it reasonable that when you have saved after a year of hard work and paid almost £5000 for two people the least you should reasonably expect is a place to sit and have a drink after dinner and to be able to have a nice lie in then have a lounger available to relax during the day.

Unfortunately everytime I have travelled on this ship these 2 things were getting gradually worse until last year there was a significant increase in the availability of loungers. After all if you are booking a cruise in the sun is it reallyto much to ask to be able to sit or lie in the sun.

I dotake your point on fighting for loungers because fights have almost happened the last couple of years however I say this year will be a nightmare because there will be the same number of seats in the bars, there will be at least 300 less sun loungers and at least 200-300 more passengers.

The ship was already overcrowded with a poor staff to passenger ratio so imagine now, also someone suggested I walk away irrespective of the money I will lose. How many people would be prepared to lose almost £5000 , I just need to try to make the best of it.

Taking public space and replacing it with different activities I can accept even if I don't personally like those activities, replacing it with cabins and not publicising it is criminal in my mind and false and misleading advertising.

As for the young people they probably already have the best entertainment and activities on the ship, why do they need more. Problem is kids are spoiled these days and a lot of parents do nothing to stop them becoming even more spoiled.

This is the first time in many years that we have not booked a cruise. We have previously been mainly with Rc but this year they have once again put their prices up, and services down. Food quality is now quite dire, tough meat, nothing really special anymore. Everything revolves around money not the passenger. Its alright if you are able to use trampolines, waterslides etc.etc. I hope the users of these activities have really good insurance that covers sports activities which most ordinary policies don't, unless you pay extra for it. A lot of people do not realise that they are not covered. We know someone who made the mistake, not good.

I just don’t understand what is meant by ‘greedy’. The word gets used a lot but I don’t see how the definition fits. Couldn’t it be said that consumers are greedy for wanting more but pay less?

You say you choose not to demand more from your customers, how does that matter? If your customers do not find value in your services at the price you ask are they not free to go elsewhere? There are plenty of cruise lines to choose from and the per dimes really aren’t rising all that much. Obviously these changes are no longer meeting your expectations for a cruise, just take your money where you get what you want.

How does it matter? The whole point was that I don't push the limits in an attempt to maximize income and find the point at which people will choose to go elsewhere. Isn't that what the thread is about?

I'll be happy to let everyone know how awful my cruise is this summer on Indy. I can only assume from reading this thread that she's going to be the worst cruise ever and has gone completely down the toilet since my last spin on her.

I'm totally sure it will suck*. :eek:

*BWAHHHHHH! Not really.

I wish Indy would start doing 8 nighters out of Ft. Lauderdale again so I could do another lousy cruise on on her.

Its alright if you are able to use trampolines, waterslides etc.etc. I hope the users of these activities have really good insurance that covers sports activities which most ordinary policies don't, unless you pay extra for it. A lot of people do not realise that they are not covered. We know someone who made the mistake, not good.

I'm guessing this is a UK thing?????

BTW - calling it a "nightmare" is over-reacting to the extreme and actually comical.

If OP really feels that they would be on a nightmare cruise they should cancel regardless of cost.......:rolleyes:

Lame response.

Compliments of Steve Goodman. . .

That's 'cause it ain't hard

To get along with somebody else's troubles,

And they don't make you lose any sleep at night.

Just as long as fate is out there bustin' somebody else's bubbles,

Everything's gonna be all right.

Funny. Everyone's priorities are obviously different. But a Nightmare. I think not!! Now, if they did away with the pools and hot tubs, well, that would be a nightmare!!. We are booked for Nov 2018 at a smashing price for a little five day cruise followed by a lovely 7 day on Allure. It is all about the money for all the cruise lines. And we are always happy to help them with their bottom lines because we ALL love to cruise or we would not be actively posting.

Would you happen to be on the November 17th sailing? I am!

• 1 month later...
It’s ridiculous to have a library, it was always empty most of the time and who reads a hard copy book these days.

I DO!!! But I always bring my own instead of relying on someone else's preferences. I get paperbacks for nearly free and just leave them behind when I'm done for someone else.

There is a very large over-capacity for the lifeboats on these ships.

Under maritime law cruise ships have to have enough life boats for all passengers and crew plus 50%. They will still have enough.