re meat pies

I get that, very good, but I was always taught Pi to be 22/7, so pie day for me would be 22nd July :)

At least we can have a day to celebrate the humble Aussie Pi.

2 days later and you can eat guilt free, gluten free, calorie free pies all day long for a week!

Am off to Goulburn Soldiers Club today, 2 hr drive each way to have a reunion lunch with some family. Someone on here told us about the Goulburn Bakehouse, have to suss it out for some takeaway delicacies before I leave town.:halo:

At least we can have a day to celebrate the humble Aussie Pi.

2 days later and you can eat guilt free, gluten free, calorie free pies all day long for a week!

Sportsfans....word of advice, if you don't need to eat GF for medical reasons, i.e. Coeliac Disease, don't eat GF, GF is overpriced and not nice, believe me, I have been having to eat it :evilsmile: since 2010.

Sportsfans....word of advice, if you don't need to eat GF for medical reasons, i.e. Coeliac Disease, don't eat GF, GF is overpriced and not nice, believe me, I have been having to eat it :evilsmile: since 2010.

I liken that to doing dry July for no reason.:eek:

What is it with Dry July and Octsober?

Gluten free blah blah blah.

They're all out to get us I reckon.

I don't find it that much of a burden, I have been going dry every February 29th since as long as I have been legally allowed to drink.:cool:

Am off to Goulburn Soldiers Club today, 2 hr drive each way to have a reunion lunch with some family. Someone on here told us about the Goulburn Bakehouse, have to suss it out for some takeaway delicacies before I leave town.:halo:

Goulburn Bakehouse, well the gluten was flowing out the door as I approached, so no good for me. As for lunch, I don't recommend the Goulburn Soldiers Club, rubbish and expensive.:evilsmile: Caesar salad - $28... lettuce leaf with a boiled egg, slice of bacon and sprinkle of cheese and awful ranch dressing. A Princess Cruises Caesar salad is far superior and edible.:halo:

Carry on the meat pie research my friends.

Goulburn Bakehouse, well the gluten was flowing out the door as I approached, so no good for me. As for lunch, I don't recommend the Goulburn Soldiers Club, rubbish and expensive.:evilsmile: Caesar salad - $28... lettuce leaf with a boiled egg, slice of bacon and sprinkle of cheese and awful ranch dressing. A Princess Cruises Caesar salad is far superior and edible.:halo:

Carry on the meat pie research my friends.

Doesn't sound like a nice place for lunch.

Doesn't sound like a nice place for lunch.

The bakehouse was fine if you were ok to eat the pies, cake, it was busy. But the Soldiers Club, awful. I just did a review on TripAdvisor.:evilsmile: Ok to mention them is it not? Part of the CC familia.:*

• 4 weeks later...

It's in today's Newcastle Herald. About $1 million in debt much of it to tax office. I hope they survive otherwise I'll have to stock up on apple turnovers and pasties and french vanilla slives and cream lamingtons and.........

It's in today's Newcastle Herald. About $1 million in debt much of it to tax office. I hope they survive otherwise I'll have to stock up on apple turnovers and pasties and french vanilla slives and cream lamingtons and.........

Many business go bad because of tax debt. No sympathy for them. But as suggested, you Novacastrians had better starting eating more of those tasty offerings from Darbys.

Are they good though?:rolleyes: