Concierge Lounge on Oceania Riviera

BigNance

We are getting ready to book cabins on the Riviera. Looking at the B verandas and thinking about the A - Concierge level verandas. Trying to determine if it is worth the price differential. Can anyone let me know what the Concierge lounge is like? I see that there is a Concierge in there to help/serve/etc, but what kind of offerings do they have in the way of snacks? I have seen the other amenities offered, but was curious about the lounge.

Thanks very much!

We enjoyed Concierge Level on the Marina. All in all the value from the benefits of concierge level were good for us.. Needed fulltime wifi, access to Spa. The Lounge concierge Leizel(sp?) was very good. She had lots of info and was very helpful. Lounge is quiet and we used it a few times before 6AM.

We are getting ready to book cabins on the Riviera. Looking at the B verandas and thinking about the A - Concierge level verandas. Trying to determine if it is worth the price differential. Can anyone let me know what the Concierge lounge is like? I see that there is a Concierge in there to help/serve/etc, but what kind of offerings do they have in the way of snacks? I have seen the other amenities offered, but was curious about the lounge.

Thanks very much!

Hi, we have been on the Riviera and paid the difference for a concierge, we were on a guarantee and got upgraded, room was lovely, the concierge however, was not, only went there once to get some snacks for myself and disabled husband, he saw me struggling with plates, cups etc, and did not offer any help, did not get up from his chair, or even offered to open the door for me. Loved the cruise and every other member of staff, maybe he was having an off day. The spa upstairs is lovely, we unfortunately could not use the gorgeous whirlpool due to the health restrictions. Hope you enjoy your great time on Riviera. We are going on Marina but not until 2019.

Edited by Lady of the Nile
left out important word

I was a concierge on the Marina - the week after a Noro Virus outbreak. No self serve coffee or snacks for most of the week. I guess better safe than sorry . . . . (or library, or menu covers, or salt and pepper shakers, or self serve in the buffet)

Hi, we have been on the Riviera and paid the difference for a concierge, we were on a guarantee and got upgraded, room was lovely, the concierge however, was not, only went there once to get some snacks for myself and disabled husband, he saw me struggling with plates, cups etc, and did not offer any help, did not get up from his chair, or even offered to open the door for me. Loved the cruise and every other member of staff, maybe he was having an off day. The spa upstairs is lovely, we unfortunately could not use the gorgeous whirlpool due to the health restrictions. Hope you enjoy your great time on Riviera. We are going on Marina but not until 2019.

We haven't been on Riviera yet (will be in two months) but have been on Marina 5 times since 2011. We haven't used the Concierge lounge, just the Executive lounge, but I don't think they are all that different in terms of offerings.

In the Executive Lounge the concierge is only on duty a few hours a day. I assume it's the same in the Concierge Lounge. (That doesn't excuse the concierge on duty being so unhelpful to you.)

I have used concierge services several times for assistance in setting up Meet & Greets, and they were always very helpful. As you say, maybe your guy was having a bad day. My main point is that you cannot assume in either lounge that a concierge will be on duty and ready to help you for anything and everything.

Other than that, we have very occasionally gone in to the lounge during the late afternoon for sandwiches, etc. We don't use it much but it's nice to know it's there ...

It would be nice if the "R" ships could find such a space, but on smaller ships I can't imagine how they could ...

Mura