Just off the Miracle.....

jeraboa66

I recently sailed on the Miracle. One great thing about taking a tender from the Miracle was the fact that the elevators went directly to the tender deck which was "A". I have been on many ships where you have to walk down a flight of stairs - that is a pain! There was a straight "walk" gangway to the tender but once on the tender there were 2 steps down. Be very careful when returning to the ship. The gangway rises and falls with the waves. The gangway raised up as I was boarding the ship and I hit my head (luckily I had a hat on) and jammed my neck. I'm only 5' 1" tall. I did seek medical attention on the ship. The staff was very attentive.

Thank you for the information with regard to the tender, and so sorry you hit your head. I will keep that in mind when we go.

I did self-assist. It was good. On deck 7 we were announced just after the predicted 8:30am. Adam the cruise director said they had a lot of trouble with people from other decks trying to leave at the wrong time. Debarkation went smoothly. No large lines. Just checked my uber account and I was in a car by 9:24am. Think it took about 20 minutes for the uber to come so it was probably about 30 minutes from the time we were announced until we were out of the terminal.

Do you remember when deck 4 was called? Do they start low and then go higher?

Since you were aft, did you notice this "vibration" I keep reading about. I've only been on one cruise ship before, and so I don't know if this is just people overreacting or if it truly is as bad as people are saying (causing doors to rattle, things falling off tables)

Jo

I read the Miracle uses the pod propulsion rather than screws. Normally screws can cause the vibration. Pods are smoother. I remember sailing on the old Celebrity Mercury and Galaxy -- they really shook! But we got used to it!