Share a bargain/deal

As the old thread is still in the P&O forum and a while ago, am creating a new one for anyone who comes up with bargains and good deals relevant to local cruisers.

Starting off is that RCI have just reduced the price on the 6th December 2011 11night Rhapsody cruise to North Queensland out of Sydney.

Pricing is $1257/person twin share for _both_ interiors and oceanviews, $1024 triple share, to $907/person quad share. A good deal particularly for a larger group just before the holidays and especially for an oceanview cabin.

As the old thread is still in the P&O forum and a while ago, am creating a new one for anyone who comes up with bargains and good deals relevant to local cruisers.

Thanks Big M,

A great idea.

I have been looking at some of the bargains available overseas at the moment.

Super deals, but when you add on the air fare, pre and post hotel stays, and now the skyrocketing insurance costs, they are bargains no longer.

Now looking for good deals in local waters.

Thanks Big M,

A great idea.

I have been looking at some of the bargains available overseas at the moment.

Super deals, but when you add on the air fare, pre and post hotel stays, and now the skyrocketing insurance costs, they are bargains no longer.

Now looking for good deals in local waters.

KiwinKruzer,

I totally agree with you. We were also thinking with the aussie dollare so high to look for another overseas cruise, But the airfares, etc shock us back to reality.

We too are now thinking of a cruise from here instead. There are so many more choices of cruise ships now, it makes it all much more interesting and favourable. Only problem is option anxiety.........:cool:

Very interesting article here...

posted by caribill on the CC Princess board.

Struggling to fill ships, cruise lines offer deals in Europe

http://travel.usatoday.com/cruises/post/2011/04/europe-cruise-bookings-sales-weak-deal-promotion-royal-caribbean/167430/1

"The cruise lines are going into panic mode," says industry watcher Mike Driscoll, editor of Cruise Week. "They have moved all this hardware over there, and they need to fill the beds."

Seems like the North Americans are saying the same as us.

Yes great deals, but look at the air fares.

According to the article the cruise lines have dropped the fares as much as they can, and now to fill the ships, they are offering discounted air fares to get folk over there.

Wish they could offer cheap fares from downunder.:mad:

http://travel.usatoday.com/cruises/post/2011/04/europe-cruise-bookings-sales-weak-deal-promotion-royal-caribbean/167430/1

"The cruise lines are going into panic mode," says industry watcher Mike Driscoll, editor of Cruise Week. "They have moved all this hardware over there, and they need to fill the beds."

According to the article the cruise lines have dropped the fares as much as they can, and now to fill the ships, they are offering discounted air fares to get folk over there.

very interesting as cruise prices keep dropping as the US dollor keeps falling, but the cruise lines are still making a good proffit even though they giving out great deals at way lower prices.

Love Thied.

Have a look at the Royal Caribbean International website, Med/Middle East/Euopean cruises on 'Brilliance of the Seas.' $50 per day' ! As cheap as the Americans can buy them, we can too. Yes certainly some good deals going this year in the above part of the world.

Edited by NSWP

Interesting, very interesting.....Thanks for sharing!

Just booked Mariner of the Sea's 2nd November 2012 - Rome to Galveston Texas 16 nights.....price AU$523.00pp...that equates to AU$32.70 pp per night plus we get USD100 each OBC.....not a bad deal....happy to be taking the slow way home cheers Shiona

Just booked Mariner of the Sea's 2nd November 2012 - Rome to Galveston Texas 16 nights.....price AU$523.00pp...that equates to AU$32.70 pp per night plus we get USD100 each OBC.....not a bad deal....happy to be taking the slow way home cheers Shiona

Great deal on a great ship guys:D

We have spent 46 nights on Mariner in a Promenade cabin, and are once again in a PR on this years inaugaral TA to Galveston.

You will love the ship, but for at the moment, at cost of just a few $$ extra, consider shifting into a PR ... :) They will sell out !!!

(and deck 7..... (IMO.. 6 is too close to the ground, and 8 is too far up. Pick end opposite above Cafe for best outlook for Parades etc))

Sue and Phil

Edited by Big Kev
typ

If you subscribe to Cruise Weekly,

they are reporting that the ships coming over to NZ for the Rugby World Cup are dropping the prices.

How amazing...:D

The prices they were asking have been stupid.

Keep a watch on those cruises as there could be some real bargains coming up as the people who chartered those cruise ships have to pay for the charter:eek:

• 2 weeks later...

Hows this for a bargain cruise?

I was browsing the Princess web site and came acros this...

the prices are NZ dollars , so should be even less for Australians.

12 days Greek Isles & Mediterranean From Rome to Venice

This popular voyage blends the best of Greece, including charming Santorini, Mykonos and ancient Athens with Mediterranean favorites like Renaissance Florence, jet-set Monte Carlo and the legendary ruins of Ephesus and Naples.

Ship: Star Princess

Voyage Embarkation Port: Rome (Civitavecchia), Italy

Number of Days : 12 Days

Embarkation Date(s) : Wednesday, Aug 10, 2011 Itinerary: 9119

EGB120lg.jpg

Itinerary: Port Arrival Departure

1 Rome (Civitavecchia), Italy 6:00 PM

2 Monte Carlo, Monaco 7:00 AM 6:00 PM

3 Florence/Pisa (Livorno), Italy 6:00 AM 6:00 PM

4 Naples/Capri, Italy 8:00 AM 7:00 PM

5 At Sea

6 Santorini, Greece 8:00 AM 7:00 PM

7 Athens (Piraeus), Greece 6:00 AM 5:45 PM

8 Mykonos, Greece 1:00 AM 6:00 PM

9 Katakolon (Olympia), Greece 8:00 AM 5:00 PM

10 Corfu, Greece 7:00 AM 4:00 PM

11 Split, Croatia 9:00 AM 6:00 PM

12 Venice, Italy 9:00 AM

13 Venice, Italy 5:00 AM

Interior $1,525.48

Oceanview Obstructed $1,647.79

Oceanview N/A

Balcony $2,623.32

Mini-Suite/Suite $3,111.72

Just booked Grand Princess 26 January 2013, 49 nights from Ft Lauderdale to San Francisco circle South America.

Oceanview for A$116.00 per person per day.

With Qantas now flying to Dallas Fort Worth they are also selling flights from SYD or BNE to Miami or Orlando... easy to get there now.

Jilly:)

Edited by Gold Coast Cruisers

Rhapsody of the Seas

Honolulu to Auckland via Tahiti - 14 nts - September 2011

Inside Guarantee $998 per person twin share, single $1135

From an online Aussie TA

Cheap as chips :D Wish I could do this one!

Edited by Debsta

Rhapsody of the Seas

Honolulu to Auckland via Tahiti - 14 nts - September 2011

Inside Guarantee $998 per person twin share, single $1135

From an online Aussie TA

Cheap as chips :D Wish I could do this one!

Would love to do that too Deb because I love Rhapsody, but I've got to get to Elite status on Princess before my big cruise....

Jilly:)

Rhapsody of the Seas Honolulu to Auckland via Tahiti - 14 nts - September 2011 Inside Guarantee $998 per person twin share, single $1135 From an online Aussie TA Cheap as chips :D Wish I could do this one!

Would love to do that too Deb because I love Rhapsody, but I've got to get to Elite status on Princess before my big cruise.... Jilly:)

Still got my eye on that one , mainly as it comes back to Auckland.:D..

and its price is so much better than Radiance.:)

and surprise, surprise , the WOW Sale just happens to be on AGAIN.

Cant be selling as well as they had hoped.:confused:

Why are air fares dropping all of a sudden?

Following the stock market :eek: :p :D down down dowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwn

If that cruise wasn't smack in the middle of uni semester I would have been on it!

RCI has some "hot" prices on their website for Radiance & Rhapsody cruises.

http://www.royalcaribbean.com.au/findacruise/search/vacationSearchResult.do?actionType=&promoType=&location=&portOfCall=&eventSource=&pageType=SR&dest=AUSTL&port=&duration=&price=&includeAdjascentPorts=Y&cruiseType=CO&userPreferences=N&selectedCabinClass=D&sortBy=1

Was looking for pricing for a friend for 18 night Australia & New Zealand Cruise departing 31 October 2010. Prices for quad share were:

$6607 incl taxes total booking / $1651.75 incl taxes per person / $91.76 incl taxes per night.

This was through the RCI website.

Edited by LuckiePuris