Concierge or B with wide veranda on Riviera?

Terryd444

Hello,

We have never cruised before but plan to book on the Riviera for the March 28th Carribean Hidaway cruise. I am so excited! Reading through all the reviews of the ship I am torn between the choices. My husband is always hungry and having concierge and slightly more perks sounds great so he can be assured of snacks no matter what time of day. But I love the veranda and views. Could someone who has experienced either of these cabins please comment and help me choose? Also if anyone has pics to compare the veranda size etc...that would be helpful.

Thank you all so much!

TerryD

Room service is available 24/7 ;)

We had the larger balcony on Marina ...if you do not mind being overlooked from above it is a great space

some do not like the "tunnel vision" effect but it did not bother us

Enjoy the cruise

Lyn

It certainly is a matter of choice. We were on the Marina (same deck plans as Riviera) last year, and had an A4 stateroom 3 or 4 doors away from the conceirge lounge. We did enjoy that for the location since I used the computer there to check e-mail, read newspapers, etc. Also, I was constantly eating some of their cookies, snacks (not good for the weight!) I am sure that you will enoy the Riviera regardless of stateroom choice.

Hello,

We have never cruised before but plan to book on the Riviera for the March 28th Carribean Hidaway cruise. I am so excited! Reading through all the reviews of the ship I am torn between the choices. My husband is always hungry and having concierge and slightly more perks sounds great so he can be assured of snacks no matter what time of day. But I love the veranda and views. Could someone who has experienced either of these cabins please comment and help me choose? Also if anyone has pics to compare the veranda size etc...that would be helpful.

Thank you all so much!

TerryD

You really need a brochure; they have a wealth of information and are free.:p

Hello,

Thank you all so much!

TerryD

Terry, Here are a few pics of the extended balcony size (cabin 7111)

We have also sailed concierge, and we would choose the larger balcony.

In fact we have booked the extended balcony cabin for an upcoming South Pac. cruise.

084548.jpg

b_084509.jpg

We've been on the concierge veranda cabins on Nautica and Regatta, the ones at the back of the ship with the longer verandas. For our upcoming Riviera cruise we have one of the b4 (b3 on future cruises) cabins as we really do like the bigger verandas. We won't be back from that trip until mid June though so we won't be able to tell you if we regret going "down" a level or not until then. I doubt we'll regret it though.

Thank you all so very much for these really helpful posts and pictures! Yes, it will be the extended veranda for us as long as there are still openings when we book. The photos make all the difference in my understanding...and I had forgotten about room service! Hubby can eat through that if he gets hungry at odd times.

Thank you for the help!

TerryD

Don;t let to two photos above confuse you as they are NOT typical of a B4 veranda and only four are such.

There are THIRTY "extended Veranda" category B cabins on Deck 7, ten at the front of the ship and twenty more nearer the stern.

b_014951.jpg

When this thread was started, they were all Category B4, but they have recently been reclassified as Category B3.

When this thread was started, they were all Category B4, but they have recently been reclassified as Category B3.

But not until the Dec 2013 sailings

so earlier cruises they are still B4's if booking for upcoming cruises

Lyn

There are THIRTY "extended Veranda" category B cabins on Deck 7, ten at the front of the ship and twenty more nearer the stern.

I suspect spook1 was referring to the fact that there are only FOUR of the extended balcony rooms as depicted in the first set of pictures by canuck.qc - those with a solid divider and an open railing section.

The remainder are presumably like the pictures LHT28 posted.

Edited by ededmd

I suspect spook1 was referring to the fact that there are only FOUR of the extended balcony rooms as depicted in the first set of pictures by canuck.qc - those with a solid divider and an open railing section.

Correct. Why is that confusing to some?

Terry, Here are a few pics of the extended balcony size (cabin 7111)

We have also sailed concierge, and we would choose the larger balcony.

In fact we have booked the extended balcony cabin for an upcoming South Pac. cruise.

084548.jpg

b_084509.jpg

Thank you for the photos. We are in 7111 on Riviera in October and had no idea until today about the extended balcony. It looks perfect for us and we really look forward to the loungers as well as the seating area. :)

Correct. Why is that confusing to some?

That is confusing to me because ALL THIRTY of the extended veranda cabins have "a solid divider and an open railing section."

124333.jpg124426.jpg

I believe that what you are trying to say, so far unsuccessfully, is that only the four "end cabins" have Verandas with open railings on two sides.

165911.jpg

Which is not to say that being in such an exposed a location is necessarily an advantage, particularly when thinking about exposure from above or neighboring cabins.

110805.jpg

• 2 months later...

We have just returned from the March 28th Caribbean Hideaways sailing on Rivera. We were in concierge room 9089. Absolutely everything was amazing! (Our first ever cruise!) We kept seeing this room on the 7th floor with an extended, two open side railing balcony. On the day we disembarked we were able to actually go in and see the room. We decided Tom"go down a level" and ask for this room. We are booked for next March on the Mayan Mystique sailing. Our thinking is that we will enjoy the left side open railing and the extra seating. Thanks for those photos! I'm not sure I understand the lack of privacy downside..no one can see in our stateroom...just the balcony. We are dressed when we decide to go out on the balcony! Thanks again!

I'm not sure I understand the lack of privacy downside..no one can see in our stateroom...just the balcony. We are dressed when we decide to go out on the balcony!

Those extended veranda staterooms which are "on the end" (and if the second open railing is on the left, then you must be referring to 7008) give an extraordinary feeling of "being on stage".

This is a view of the starboard side, but shows the relationship of those end verandas to the others around it.

The veranda in question is at the left end of the blue line on the hull.

112319.jpg

Another modesty issue: because of the position of that veranda, there is a clear view into the interior of several cabins further aft.

095608.jpg

• 4 years later...
We have just returned from the March 28th Caribbean Hideaways sailing on Rivera. We were in concierge room 9089. Absolutely everything was amazing! (Our first ever cruise!) We kept seeing this room on the 7th floor with an extended, two open side railing balcony. On the day we disembarked we were able to actually go in and see the room. We decided Tom"go down a level" and ask for this room. We are booked for next March on the Mayan Mystique sailing. Our thinking is that we will enjoy the left side open railing and the extra seating. Thanks for those photos! I'm not sure I understand the lack of privacy downside..no one can see in our stateroom...just the balcony. We are dressed when we decide to go out on the balcony! Thanks again!

Hi,

Hope you can help us out..been looking at the comments for the extended balcony cabins. We have been offered 7116 on Riviera ..has an extended balcony. How is the noise? As well..from what pics I could see looked like some have loungers..

Anyone had this cabin before and your input or pics would be appreciated greatly.

Cheers

Liz

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Hi,

Hope you can help us out..been looking at the comments for the extended balcony cabins. We have been offered 7116 on Riviera ..has an extended balcony. How is the noise? As well..from what pics I could see looked like some have loungers..

Anyone had this cabin before and your input or pics would be appreciated greatly.

Cheers

Liz

we were in 7114 on Marina did not notice any noise

you are overlooked from the cabins above but if that does not bother you it is all good

7008 spent 30 days in it,, best views on the ship, best cabin I would take this over a Penthouse or Concierge.. The lounge is pretty much a fluff thing.. There is so much food to be had everywhere I can not fathom your husband needing snacks in the faux lounge... Really.. Take the B3 you will pay more for less with a concierge..

We were "upgraded" from Oceanview to a B3 on a 2015 cruise we booked on a guarantee. We were excited to get a balcony and the extended one was quite spacious; however, there was a lot of noise in the mornings when we arrived in port. The whole room vibrated and it was pretty annoying to be woken up like that

We were "upgraded" from Oceanview to a B3 on a 2015 cruise we booked on a guarantee. We were excited to get a balcony and the extended one was quite spacious; however, there was a lot of noise in the mornings when we arrived in port. The whole room vibrated and it was pretty annoying to be woken up like that

The more often that you cruise, the less "annoyed" you will feel about that incident. It is more the result of being on a ship than of the location of your cabin.

Even the Owners Suites vibrate! ;p

The more often that you cruise, the less "annoyed" you will feel about that incident. It is more the result of being on a ship than of the location of your cabin.

Even the Owners Suites vibrate! ;p

LOL... I was thinking the exact same thing :D